Chapter LVII: In Need

It was a busy Saturday morning and today was Sabina's second appointment with her Gynecologist/Obstetrician/Sonologist  Dr. Cher Magno. It was a bit unnerving for her since Timothy insisted on going with her.

As the young couple entered the spacious clinic of the well known lady doctor, Sabina readily noticed six heavily pregnant women with their bored-looking husbands waiting inside the brightly-lit room.

With extraordinarily shiny eyes, she gazed at the women's big and rounded bellies, wishing and praying that someday she will be blessed with a responsibility of being a parent.

The longing and yearning were very evident in her eyes that one of the pregnant women recognized the look. She shot a glance at the gorgeous heiress and offered a small smile.

Totally in tuned with what's happening around him, Timothy smiled back at the expecting woman as he gently rubbed Sabina's sagging shoulder. "Have faith, Sab. This is the reason why we're here, right? I'm positive that our time will come." He whispered lowly against her temple, willing her to avert her eyes since most of the pregnant women have now noticed her staring.

His free hand readily sought the gorgeous biologist's dainty ones and squeezed them lightly, trying his hardest to convey his true feelings and
intention.

In response, the young Dela Vega heiress bobbed her head but she continued to stare at the women's rounded bellies.

"Don't stare too much, mahal. Remember staring is not polite." The handsome architect reminded his girlfriend.

"I will do whatever it takes to be able to carry another life inside of me and give life to a tiny human being." She murmured in a quivering voice, laced with hurt and deep yearning.

"Hey, hey, look at me." Timothy immediately cut off the brewing pity party again.

He waited until Sabina lifted her vision and looked at him. "I am with you in this mahal, bear that in mind. We will do everything to heal your condition but if nothing happens, keep in mind that everything has a reason. But one thing is for sure, I will always be here for you. With or without kids, I will stay with you. Okay?" He reassured her again of his affection to help her calm down a bit.

Sabina in return nodded her head as she leaned to reach a science magazine in the nearby rack. She decided to read instead of looking around. Timothy was right that her watching was impolite and it's making the pregnant women a little uncomfortable.

Little by little the people inside the clinic thinned down and finally, the gorgeous biologist's name was called. "Miss Sabina Dela Vega." The medical secretary called out.

As soon as the couple stepped inside the doctor's office, the gynecologist smiled at Sabina meaningfully. Even a little hesitant, the gorgeous biologist opened her mouth and introduced her boyfriend. "Dr. Cher, this is my boyfriend Timothy Sebastian, Tim this is Dr. Cher Magno. Her father and papa are very good friends."

"Yes, we've met before, when you got admitted, right?" The lady Doctor offered her hand and the handsome architect took it quickly in a firm friendly handshake.

"Yes. How are you, Dr. Cher?" The young architect queried.

"I'm good and please have a seat." Dr. Cher motioned the leather covered chairs in front of her medium-sized desk. "So Sab, this will be your second dose. All in all, there will be six. We will go for a half year treatment, one shot per month." She explained for Timothy's benefit.