Chapter XLV: Nicholas' Intended

For two nights now, Timothy had been losing sleep, all because of that early morning kiss by the shoreline. After the unexpected kiss, he felt like a lovesick teeny bopper and a hormonal teenager at the same time.

He couldn't help but reminisced his days with her, the late mornings in bed, the movie marathons in their bedroom with pop corn and soda, the late night talks at the Cradle's veranda, the tight hugs and lustful touches and of course, the torrid kisses they shared.

Every fiber of his being was craving for Sabina, her scent, her husky childlike voice, her rich full giggles, her spunk and her warm touch. He knew it was a bit early to ask for another shot but he couldn't wait any longer, he needs to talk to her again. This time, to make his intentions clear and to make everything official.

After the sleepless nights, he also knew that he was ready to give it another go, with Miguel or without Miguel. He vowed to do everything in his power to win her back and this time, he was determined to never let her go.

So by the middle of the week but the young CEO was itching to have another talk with his ex fiancé. He even sought the help of Tatay Leo and Nancy, they concocted a plan that will end in a candle-lit dinner for two in the small dock under the moon light.

By 7:00 o'clock the following evening, Sabina found tatay Leo knocking at her door. "Good evening, tay Leo. What can I do for you?" Sabina asked politely although she's a bit worried. The old man seldom invade her privacy unless it was something that couldn't wait.

"Do you need something, Tay?" She inquired again, thinking that old man needed some assistance.

"No, no. I just need you to come with me?" The kind old man promptly replied.

An alarm rang inside the lady CEO's head. "Where? Is someone in trouble? Who is it?" She was beginning to panic until he felt the old man's hand on her upper back.

"Relax Sab, you think too much these days." Tatay Leo admonished in a soft pitch.

Even still a little worried, Sabina didn't asked more questions. Quickly, she walked towards one of her night stands and snatched her iPhone and keys.

Tatay Leo who had been waiting patiently at the threshold smiled at the young woman's obedience. "I hope I can help you by doing this, anak." He whispered as Sabina closed the door of her private quarters.

"Where to, Tay?" She inquired by the time they reached the garden. She was expecting that it was her half Brit friend who sent Tatay Leo but they were almost at the dock but there was still no Nancy.

The old man guided her to the far end of the seashore. "Just follow me and no more questions, okay?" Tay Leo stated in a kind tone.

Sabina's heart began to drum, inwardly she somehow knew that her ex fiancé had something to do with this and it made her a little hesitant. But her hesitation was quickly replaced with awe as her eyes found the dock.

Except that it wasn't a dock anymore. Both sides of the wide sturdy platform was now embellished with pillars of white and pink roses. Each pillars was connected with ivory lacy cloth that tends to reflect the light of the enormous moon that served as their back drop.

In the center of the wide wooden platform stood a round table big enough for two people. It was paired with two Tiffany chairs placed across each other and in the middle of the table is a candle enclosed in a tall glass case to prevent the flame from dying.