Chapter XLII: A Sign

Albeit Sabina's last question and Timothy's answer a week ago, still everything did change. The petite biologist became more accommodating and a bit more cordial to the young CEO and this development had pleased the young man immensely.

The people around them noticed it too, including tatay Leo. The old man was seen smiling genuinely while watching the ex couple discussing some details about The Reef hotel and resort.

"I see the two of you were getting along well now and it's a good sign, right?" The old man asked as soon as the petite biologist was out of earshot.

With a small smile, Timothy nodded. "I guess, it's safe to say that we're friends now." He responded briefly.

While spreading the enormous blue print on the table, tatay Leo spoke again. "I know you still have feelings for her and she to you, why don't you give it another chance, Tim?" He suggested.

In response, the young CEO chuckle softly. "I might tay Leo but not now, I don't want to complicate things more. We should finish the leisure park first and be friends, that's enough for now. And besides, I think there's someone else." He explained lowly.

"Really? I don't think so. Sab is quite a transparent woman so I'll surely know if there's someone new." Tay Leo argued.

A little hope sprang from the young heir's heart but he quickly stumped it. "Just like I've said tatay Leo, now is not the right time. Everything was still fresh." He mumbled in a resigned tone.

These days, everyone had been pushing him to pursue the petite biologist again, his father, Tay Leo and Terrence. Even James called him once, just to tell him to give it another go but he was quite sure that the idea wouldn't sit well with the fierce woman.

"So you're really giving up? Everything was ruined because of the people around you son so I think, you should be the one making the first move and making amends." The old man continued.

"I'm perfectly aware of that tay Leo but it's Sab well being, I'm thinking about. I don't think she's ready yet. I wanted us to be friends first because I wanted her to heal and to regain herself first. She asked for that, she wanted that." He explained.

The old man stared at him and studied his face. "I'm with you on that, son but it's been half a year and honestly, I think she'll heal faster if you're there to help her." Tatay Leo insisted.

Timothy nodded but he stayed quiet since his mind was running a thousand miles per hour. He was weighing everything because this is what he wanted, if tatay Leo was saying the truth then he's more than willing to help the petite biologist.

"Think about it son, I understood Sabina's decision but it doesn't meant that I'm no longer rooting for you two. Tim, you will always have my vote because I know how much you truly love her." The old man smiled kindly at the young CEO and patted his broad shoulders.

Unknown to the duo, three steps behind them was Dylan Madrid. The whole time the engineer consultant was eavesdropping to the pair's serious Sab-Tim conversation.

It appeared to him that the young CEO was still very much in love with his ex fiancée and after knowing the whole story from Terrence and his sister, he liked the petite biologist even more. He didn't even give a damn with the idea that his own sister abhorred the gorgeous lady CEO.

The engineer consultant had observed from the very start that Sabina had been distant and cold to the young heir, very far from the often loud and cheerful Sabina everyone knew.