Chapter VII: Drained Patience

Wednesday dawned bright and cheery, Sabina woke up well rested despite her late night. She was clad in her signature wide legged dark trouser, plain white fitted Sabrina blouse and black stiletto, happily walking towards the building's elevator.

"Hey, Sab! morning!" Greeted Terrence, he smiled brilliantly as they both stepped inside the minute steel room.

He pressed the number buttons of their floor destination.  "I'm sorry about yesterday, Darcy could be a real prick at times." He apologized in behalf of his lady friend.

She smiled meekly. "My apologies too, if I went a little overboard. It's just that I lose patience easily especially with rude persons. I'm sorry for being this forward but it's true. I couldn't tolerate those kind of behavior." The door opened and few more people entered.

He nodded. "It's quite all right, sometimes she really needs reminding." He tilted his head and saw his floor number. "This is me, see you around, Sab." The elevator halted and Terrence stepped out.

Sabina on the other hand, went on her way. Upon reaching the glass room, she immediately set off to work, sorting the bunch of files on top of her cluttered desk.

Quietly, Timothy walked into the glass room and caught her assistant humming a lovely tune. Hearing her child like voice made his mood soar high.

He cleared his throat. "Morning!" He mouthed as he stopped in front of her desk.

"Oh, Good morning, Architect Sebastian." She greeted him, giving him a pleasant smile and went back to work.

"Sab..." His assistant lifted her gaze. When he didn't replied, she gave him a puzzled look.

Sabina was perplexed, thinking if she has something to hand him this morning, a proposal or a memo perhaps? But she could not think of any.

"Yes sir?" She asked, finally giving up.

The young heir's mood darkened a bit. "What did I tell you last night?" He asked.

Something flickered in her memory. "Oh, right! I'm sorry. Good morning, Tim!" She smiled cheekily.

"Much better." He half smiled as he sauntered towards his office but to Sabina's amazement he didn't close the door so she got up to close the door for him.

She was a step away from the open door when Timothy's face appeared, few centimeters away in front of her. "Leave it open." He whispered huskily, his warm minty breath brushing against the assistant's slightly parted lips.

The young woman suddenly felt hot molten tingles shooting throughout her entire body as blush crept into her face. His closeness triggered some foreign sensation in her. She nodded slowly and swallowed hard as her throat went dry.

"O-okay Tim." She stuttered. She never stutters.

∞∞∞

The remaining days of the week passed like a blur, it was the weekend when Sabina was visited by an elated, Margaret.

"Sab!" She shrieked loudly as she spread her arms to hug her friend.

A pale Timothy came out of his office, looking agitated. "Why? What happened?" He asked but then he spotted her sister hugging her assistant. His face relaxed but his eyes squinted in irritation.

"I missed you." The model whispered ignoring her irked brother while Sabina shot her boss an apologetic look.

She mouthed a soundless. "I'm sorry." Then offered him a small smile.