Opening act

Charlotte's POV

"Here's your room key." Justin said, handing it to me.

"Thanks." I said.

We are finally back home, tonight we are performing here. After this, it's over. I'll leave his life for good. No more being "friends", no more dancing with him, clearly none of us can handle it.

"What about you?" I asked him.
"I'm gonna go home." He said as he put his hands inside his pant pockets. I pressed my lips together and nodded.

"I'll see you tonight." He said. I smiled and nodded. He sighed and wrapped his arms around me, giving me a quick but tight hug. He pulled away and gave me a soft smile before walking away.

I sighed as I watched him get in his car and leave. I hate this feeling. Hopefully we'll both move on now, maybe what we need is to go our separate ways. It's impossible to move on if we keep stepping backwards.

I turned around and my eyes were met with scooter. I glared at him and walked the opposite way, to the elevator, trying to avoid him. He got what he wanted, I'm done with Justin, now he can leave me alone.

I got inside the elevator and he followed me inside.

"Charlotte, we need to talk."

Justin's POV

I got home and poured myself a drink.
Oh, fuck it. I just grabbed the bottle and drank straight from it.

I had gotten used to playing around with Charlotte during rehearsals, I would make her mess up on purpose and shed get annoyed at me, but not in a serious way. Then I'd see her at night, during the concert and at the after party, then in my bed again.
It was like... the eye of the storm. In a way.
It was hell when we first broke up, but during the last month, although it meant nothing to her sleeping around with me, I...

It was the part of my day that I looked forward the most, since I opened my eyes in the morning. Not only because I got to fuck her, but what happened after. We would talk for hours, we'd stay up all night, then fall asleep snuggling each other.

I guess I'll just have to get used to watching her from afar again.

I sighed and looked around the room.
I hate this place, it only brings me back memories of Charlotte and us together. It's like hell.

I placed the bottle down and went upstairs to what used to be our bedroom. I sat down on my side of the bed and opened the drawer to my nightstand to look for a phone charger, but ended up finding the ring I had gotten her. Well, the rings; her promise ring and the engagement ring I never got to give her.

I know I should be glad I dodged a bullet, but this is too hard.

I don't want to do this anymore. I'm so tired.

I'm tired of having to pretend I'm fine, if acting strong in front of everyone, having to put my feelings aside to perform for the fans. I can't anymore, I'm exhausted. And it feels like it's never gonna get better.

I put my hands over my face as I let out a deep breath.

I don't know what to do to feel better. I want this to end, I want the pain to end.

She doesn't love me. No matter what I do, it won't change anything. She doesn't love me, she never did and she never will. I just have to accept that.

Maybe I'm the problem. I know she only got with me for money, but even after spending years with me, she couldn't grow to love me. She got tired of me and left. She couldn't stand me, even if I gave her what she wanted.