Chapter Fifty Two

Justin's POV

"To Justin. We're so happy you're back on this track, we couldn't be more proud of you!" Allison said as she raised her glass.

Scooter smiled as we all raised our glasses to her toast, and he stayed quiet as he nodded his head. He doesn't even try anymore to get closer to me, due to me constantly pushing him away with my grudges.

I pulled Allison into a hug and kissed the top of her head. Then i looked over at Scooter, who awkwardly looked away.

"Scoot." I called on him to get his attention. He looked at me and i extended my arm out for him. I pulled him into a hug, which took him by surprise, and he hugged me back, patting my back.

"I'm proud of you kid." He said.

"Thank you." I said as I pulled away.

I was happy with the people around me. I didn't feel as angry anymore towards him.

I just felt sad Charlotte wasn't here.

"Can't wait to see this album cover on the number one charts!" Maejor said, making everyone cheer and clap.

I slid my hand into my pocket and smiled as i raised my cup again.

Ryan Good parted my back and pulled me into a side hug.

I made eye contact with my mom from the other room, and she seemed as if she knew what was going through my head. She was smiling at me but looking at me with pity in her eyes.

She should be here.

Charlotte's POV

Pattie:
hey sweetie!

i furrowed my eyebrows as i saw Pattie's name on my phone.

Charlotte:
hey!
everything okay?

I got worried. We haven't spoken in a while, and she just texted me out of nowhere.

Pattie:
everything's alright!

Charlotte:awwwwwwhe looks so handsome is that now?

Charlotte:
awwwwww
he looks so handsome
is that now?

Pattie:
yes
we're at the listening party
we're missing u!

Charlotte:
:(
i wish i was there

Pattie:
I think he's a bit upset about you not being here

I looked up his contact and typed in a message.

Charlotte:
hey baby
hope you're having fun at the dinner
wish i was there