24

Charlotte's POV

"Yeah."

"I saw my friends." I said as I smiled onto the phone. "Everyone was so happy to see me." I giggled.

"That's great." "When are you coming back tho?" Neels asked.

I sighed as I looked out the window. "I don't know Neels." "I don't think I want to."

"What?" He asked in disbelief. "You have to! You have your musical career over here, you have me!" He said.

"I don't have the strength to keep doing music. That industry is so draining." I said as I sat down by the window. "Besides, it's not like you like my music, or Scooter, or anything related to those things."

"I like your music!" He argued. "Just not when it's about him. You should write about me." "And the Scooter thing... there are thousands of talent managers in LA. You don't have to stick with the one your ex boyfriend gave you."

I rolled my eyes and said "I don't want to deal with all that right now."

He sighed and stayed quiet for a minute. "What about us?"

"What about us?" I repeated. What did he want me to say?

"What's going to happen to us if you don't come back?"

"Uh- I don't know Neels."

We both stayed quiet for a while until he said "Well, I'm gonna get going babe. I'll talk to you later, okay?"

"I love you."

"What?" I asked in shock.

"What?" He asked confused.

"You just said you love me." I said. "Oh." He said.

"You love me?" I asked him and he stayed quiet. "Neels?"

"I do love you Charlotte, I love you." He said.

"Charlotte?"

I quickly stood up from my seat and widened my eyes. Did he really just say that?

"Uh, I have to go." I said and hung up.

As I was trying to process what had just happened, I received a text.

Justin:
I need to talk to you

Oh come on. Seriously? Not now please.

Charlotte:
About what?

Justin:
Can I go see you?

Charlotte:
I'm not in LA anymore
I went back home

Justin:
When are you coming back?

Charlotte:
I'm not sure

He read my message but didn't reply. I let out a deep breath and sat down on the edge of my bed.

There's too much going on in my mind.

I wanted to come back home as an escape from everything. But everything just... follows me wherever I go.

What could Justin possibly want to talk about? What is going on with him lately? Is it because of what happened with Neels? Did Neels trigger him that much that he felt the need to harass him online?
I don't understand.
He was being so nice to me and then out of a sudden he started posting things online and now he wants to talk?