Let Me Show You

I hate having to run after criminals. It's just pointless cause all you are doing is making it worst for you. Then when we catch them they always say some shit like, "I didn't mean to run I was scared." Or they say, "I didn't know y'all was the police cause I wouldn't have ran." It's always something stupid. My detective and I was running after this guy who was accused of touching a seven year old girl. Disgusting ass bastard. We caught him and he gave us that stupid ass line.

Cyn: Why you run Carl?

Carl: I didn't mean to run I was scared.

Jason: So Carl we hear you like touching little girls?

Carl: That's sick. I have never.

Cyn: So you know if you are found guilty that's life since it's your third strike, so tell us what we wanna know Carl.

Carl: I don't know anything.

Jason: Let's go to the station and see will you remember on your way there.

Carl: Ok hold on I might know something.

Cyn: Let's hear it Carl cause I'm fed up with you now.

Carl: The company is name Little Images. They always sending me stuff in my email. I swear I deny them all you can check.

Jason: So you didn't open one?

Carl: I opened one to see what it was but after that I declined them and unsubscribe but they still send them. I did that touch that little girl but someone else did cause that's the picture I received as the first email.

Cyn: If we have to come after you again we are gonna throw you under the jail, understood?

Carl: Got it.

Jason: *walking away* Damn Cap you still got it huh?

Cyn: Gotta keep myself on my toes you know I hate just doing office work.

Jason: Wanna stop for coffee or a bite to eat?

Cyn: Yea I'm hungry. I had Nasir last night and that boy is a handful​.

Jason: How old is he now?

Cyn: He's almost 4.

Jason: Wow he's that big now?

Cyn: Yes and is a ball of fire. Stop by the house I know he would love to see you.

Jason: I will do that. I wish you were still my partner. We had great times together running the streets.

Cyn: I know but since I now have full custody of Nas this has worked out great. Let's get back to the station.

Jason: Ok.

***

Rick: Cap how was it back in the field?

Cyn: It's was cool until I had to start running.

Jason: Cap still got it though.

Rick: That's what I hate the most though. Like why would you make us run when you are just gonna get caught. I don't understand that.

Cyn: Yea me neither. Well let me get going I have to grab Nas and go to the store.

Detectives: Alright, bye Cap.

Cyn: See ya.

***

Nasir: Hi Mommy.

Cyn: Hey baby boy did you have fun in school?

Nas: Yes ma'am. We got new teacher.

Cyn: Really what's her name?

Nas: Ms. Mena. Come see Mommy. *walking Cyn to the back*