Hadlor (Hadlor's POV)

"Hadlor Haddock." Dad called.

I took a deep breath and approach Gothi. I bowed to the old woman and she took my wrist. Her eyes flew open and turned to a different end of the arena. The opposite of Zoè's  side. She pointed to a huge cage. Everyone gasped and dad stood.
"Gothi. Are you sure? Even I couldn't train it..." He said worriedly.

She nodded and Gobber took a deep breath.
"The chosen dragon is...The Timberjack." He said as Gothi ran to the door as it shut.

He opened it and the door slowly opened. Suddenly, the Timberjack burst the doors open and started firing everywhere. It saw me and slashed at me with it's wings.
"Whoa! Whoa boy... It's ok...It's ok..." I promised.

It landed and walked it to me. Being at 11'7 it was huge. It huffed and made a circle of fire around us.  I held out my hand. Showing no fear. It reard back and snapped at me.

Stupid stupid stupid! I thought remembering​ I had my dad's old knife on me.

I pulled it out. The Timberjack roared agian. I threw the knife over the wall of fire. He stopped and sniffed my arm.
"Hey there." I laughed.

He spread his wings and put out the fire. Everyone stared as it flipped me onto his back.
"He...He did it... My son did it!" Dad cheered.

Everyone started cheering as the Timberjack let me get down. I saw mom crying happily and Maarika cheering loudly.
"Hadlor Haddock is now the first to train a Timberjack! He clearly takes after his father!" Gobber said.
"I'm going to name you... Stoick." I said.

Everyone stopped cheering for a second. But they quickly started cheering agian.
"Stoick! Hadlor!" They cheered over and over.

My dad laughed and we exited.
"Alright, alright, next up is... Basia Jorgensen!" Dad announced.