The guilt.(Hiccup and Astrid's POV?

Sorry bout the pic. Unlike most of the time, it has nothing to do with this chapter. I just thought it was funny. Anyway, let's get back to the story. 😂

(Hiccup's POV)
We walked into the clubhouse. We were met by stares by the A team, Dauger, Mala, Throk, My dad, Gobber, and my dad.

"Hiccup. When was the last time you came home?" My dad asked.

I sighed in annoyance.

"Dad, I'm sorry, but we don't remember. Why? Was it like, three weeks ago?" I asked.

"No. Two years ago." Gobber said drinking some yak milk.

"But that's impossible! We saw Dauger die two weeks ago!" I said.

"Hiccup Haddock, please try to rem-" Mala started.

"Do you really not remember? Retrieving the Eruptadon? Gruffnut coming to the edge? The bounty on your head? Me trying to prove to you that I could lead the dragon riders? Saving Shattermaster and finding out that Dauger is alive? You almost drowning to save a dragon? The midnight sun? Finding Berks gold?  Saving the Eruptadon's egg and Astrid almost dieing in a volcano? The twins finding out about project Shellfire? And Astrid, um how do I put this? GOING BLIND?!?" Snoutlout asked clearly upset.

I looked at Astird who looked just as shocked as me.

"Up to Astrid going blind, no." I siad.
Astrid nodded.
"So you really don't remember Zoè?" Heather whispered.
"No." We said.

She walked up to us.

"Hold out your hands." She said.

We did. She placed a small blue and purple stuffed batter in our hands. Something in the back of my mind kept nagging at me, and by Astrid's expression, I could tell she was having the same experience.

"This looks like that little batter from earlier. Charlotte?" Astrid asked.
"Scarlett." Heather correct.
"Oh! Right, right." We siad examining the stuffed toy more thoroughly.

"Astrid... This looks like your work." I said.

She sniffed it
"And it smells like lavender and the forge."

Suddenly a flash back came. I felt my eyes go wide. I tripped over Toothless's​ tail just when Astird did,

I saw a little girl sitting in a curled up Toothless's​ tail. I couldn't see her face, but Astrid sat next to her. Her arm around her laughing. I suddenly, and horrendously, danced into view.

"I'll swim and sail on savage seas
with ne'er a fear of drowning.
And gladly ride the waves of life
if you will marry me.

No scorching sun, nor freezing cold
will stop me on my journey. If you will promise me your heart.
And love..."

Astrid smiled shaking her head and stood up. She started singing.

"...And love me for eternity.

My dearest one, my darling dear,
your mighty words astound me.
But I’ve no need of mighty deeds
when I feel your arms around me"

"
B

ut I would bring you rings of gold,