Trying. (Hiccup and Astrid's POV)

(Hiccup's POV)

I woke up to Toothless scratching on the door.

"You hungry bud?" I asked 

He grumbled yes impatiently.

"Ok,ok, calm down big baby boo." I teased him.

I scratched his head and opened the door. He shoved me, sending me tumbling out the door.

"TOOTHLESS!" I complained.

He lunged on top of me laughing.

"Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile." I said.

He started to smack me with his huge paws gently. I blocked them all.

"Oh! It's ugly! Dragon, agianst man, enemies till the death! Who will wi- Agh!" I groaned as he dropped his ten pound head into of my stomach.

He snorted and then licked me.

"Agh!" I exclaimed pushing his head off of me, rolling out form under him.

"You know that doesn't wash out!" I complained trying to get all of his slimy saliva off of me.

He laughed, but I flung some of his saliva on to him, causing him yo stop, and wipe it off. I smirked in satisfied. I pet him and he smiled.

"Come on Bud, lets get you fed." I said, leading him to the clubhouse. 

I ran into Astrid and Stormfly on the way to the clubhouse.

"Good morning M'lady." I said.

She looked over at me and smiled half-heartedly​. Raising​ a brow, I walked over to her.

"What's wrong M'lady?" I asked.

"The girl, in the image. I feel like she's apart if me that I'm supposed to remember. And..." She couldn't​ finish.

I hugged her.

"Ash. It's ok. I understand what your going through. I'm going through it to. But we will get through this. Together." I said never letting go of her.

She slowly hugged me back.

"Thank you Hiccup." She whispered.

"For you M'lady, anything." I said.

I could feel her roll her eyes and smile. We pulled away and walked to the clubhouse.

When we arrived, Mala walked up to us.

"Good morning Hiccup Haddock, and Astrid Hofferson. How are you feeling?" She asked.

"Slightly better." I awnsered.

I saw Astrid nob out of the corner of my eye, but I could tell she was just going along with what I say so nobody worries. I sighed. 

I hated the fact that she was so independent. She's a great person, but if something's​ bothering her, she won't tell you unless you never stop bugging her about it. Even if she's a tad bit upset.

We got our breakfast and sat down. Everyone was laughing at some joke that Tuffnut​ said. I caught a glint of silver on her neck.

"Hey, Astrid? What's that?" I asked pointing to the necklace.

She​ put her hand on it. After a few seconds, she sighed and took it off. Heather noticed​ and tapped Fishlegs. He gasped.

I took the necklace.  I blinked. 

The missing half. I thought.

"Where...Did you get this?" I asked running my hand over it, afraid that it might disappear.

"My hut. Why?" She asked.

I opened my pouch.

(Astrid's POV)

And pulled out the other half. I gasped.

"Where?" I asked taking it from him.

"My hut." He awnsered.

I gave him his half back and took mine.

"Guys...Put it together..." Snoutlout said.

We looked at each other. We connected the necklace. It said:

Daddy and Mommy's​

        Little Girl.

I looked at Hiccup. His face resmbled mine. Shocked, worried, and confused. We suddenly topped out of our chairs, I had a huge head ache. My vision blurred. I looked to where Hiccup had fallen, breathing heavily. I couldn't see him.

"Hiccup?!?" 

"Astrid?!?" He called desperately.

Everything totally faded. I heard ringing. It was faint but it was there.

I saw Hiccup and I walk into the clubhouse with the gang. The little girl was playing with Toothless and Stormfly. I still couldn't see her face. We all jumped in.

"SURPRISE!" We yelled.

Colorful pices of paper fell from a balloon on the celling  of the room when Stormfly​ shot a spine at it. The little girl laughed as Toothless put his head underneath her legs, throwing her up, catching him in his saddle. She hugged him from behind as he smiled and laughed.

Hiccup and I approached her and handed her a box.  She excitedly took it and opened it. Inside was the necklace.

"What dose it say ...?" Hiccup asked.

I strained to hear her name, but the ringing covered it.

"Daddy and Mommy's​ Little Girl!" The girl said happily.

She hugged us as tightly as she could.

"I love it! Thank you ..... and .....!" She said.

What ever she called us, the ringing covered it. We hugged her back and helped her put on the necklace. She hugged us again.

The image faded, but I could still hear everyone start saying Open mine next! 

I blinked and fell back. Heather caught me.

"Wow Astrid! We just got you two standing!" She said stabbing me. She lead me to a chair  Snoutlout did the same with Hiccup. He was breathing heavily. My throat felt dry. I felt my chest heaving. 

"What did you see?" Throk asked.

I opened my mouth, but no sounds came out. I closed it, and blinked back the tears that threatened to fall.

Hiccup cleared his throat and explained what we saw.

"So you two have the same visions of stuff at the same time?" Mala asked.

We nodded.

Ruffnut placed my half of the necklace in my hand and Tuffnut did the same with Hiccup. I closed my hand around it and let tears fall. Everyone. Stared at us for a while. I let out a sob, Heather and Mala ​​ ushered everyone out. Hiccup pulled me into him. I cried on his shoulder. I looked up at him. His eyes were closed, but I saw tears slowly making their way down his face.

Suddenly, the reason why he never cried when he was shunned before he was doing well in the ring made sense. He did cry. But he did it silently. We cried together.

Why? Why can't we remember? We obviously loved that girl... And maby each other. So why can't we remember? I thought sadly.