Chapter 43: Walk it off

Mia's POV
It was the next day. We were still in the same clothes we had on yesterday. I mean it's not like we can go shopping; were wanted globally.
Chin resting on my arms that were on the hood if the car, I could help but imagine this little miracle in my arms. I just felt scared because u don't know how Brian is gonna react. He told me stories about his family and they're all so sad. He speaks highly about his sister though. It kind of reminds me of Dom and I's relationship.
I watched at Brian took apart and put things back from the engine if the car we stole.
"Brian." I say softly with a smirk. My mind was telling me to tell him the truth, but I have a feeling I won't get around to it. Atleast not yet anyways.
"Huh." Brian hummed as he looked up at me. It was like I was falling in love with him all over again. I smile and replied, "I have something to tell you."
Brian was intrigued, but my hopes were crushed as I was right about the interruptions.
Vince walked in loudly and said, "God damn! What a mess!"
I roll my eyes and push myself off the car.
Brian huffed and asked, "Where you been, man?" Vince chuckled and said, "You better check that tone." My eyes flashed back and forth between the two.
"You just better answer the God damn question, Vince." Brian exclaimed as he got up and started to walk to Vince, but I jumped in Front of my husband and said, "Stop it! Both of you."
Dom took a step forward and asked, "Where were you Vince?" Vince looked at Dom and started explaining while I tried to calm down Bri. "Guys all over the favelas asking about you. Couldn't get out of there without leading them straight to you. Had to wait them out."
"That is such horseshit. That was your job, and those were your guys!" Brian shouted. Vince then yelled, "Hey!" as Bri went up to him to start a fight. This time, I didn't hold him back because if I was shoved or pushed the wrong way, I could lose the baby. Instead, Dom pushed the boys apart and yelled, "Hey! Enough O'Connor! If he said he didn't do it, he didn't do it. Go walk it off."
Brian didn't say a thing as he walked out of the warehouse. I looked at my brother a Vince and just sighed. This was going to be harder than I thought.

Nobody's POV
"Look, I would love the expand my operations into your countries but, quite frankly, your business methods are too violent. Let me tell you a true story." Reyes explains to the two men sitting in his office. "Five hundred years ago, the Portuguese and the Spanish came here, each trying to get the country from their natives. The Spaniards arrived, guns blazing, determined to prove who was boss. The natives killed every single Spaniard."
Reyes went and poured the men a drink and then poured himself one and sat in his seat, speaking as if he were the "godfather". "Personally, I prefer the methods of the Portuguese. They came bearing gifts. Mirrors, scissors, trinkets. Things that the natives couldn't get on their own, but to continue receiving them, they had to work for the Portuguese. And that's why all Brazilians speak Portuguese today. Now, if you dominate the people with violence, they will eventually fight back because they have nothing to lose. And that's the key. I go into the favelas and give them something to lose. Electricity, running water, school rooms for their kids. And for all that taste of a better life, I owe them."
Reyes finished his speech and said, "Gentlemen." As he and they both raised their glasses in a toast. Zizi, the guy who tried to fight Dom for Mia taking his car, entered the room and said in Portuguese, "I apologize for the interruption. Señor Reyes, may I speak with you? We've found them."
Reyes nods slightly and then looks at both men and gets up while saying, "Pardon me, gentlemen."

In the empty warehouse, Vince walked over to the table where he found the radio from the car Mia stole. He gently looked at the back of it and took out a drive.
"Almost wish I didn't see that. Almost." Dom stated calmly from the shadows. Scared, Vince dropped the drive on top of the radio and out his hands up in surrender as Dom mad his was over to Vince. "Wait, Dom."
"Mia was on that train." Dom said calmly but then gave up as he pushed Vince into one of the concrete pillars. "My sister!"
Vince winced as he hit the pillar with full force and shouted, "I didn't know. I wouldn't do anything to hurt her."
"You set up the deal!" Dom yelled in Vince's face. Vince winced once again, afraid that Dom would beat him to a pulp, or worse. "I thought the job was for the cars. I didn't know. All they want is the chip." Dom grew angrier and to scared Vince even more, he brought up his hands and hit the pillar on either side of Vince's head and screamed, "Damn! You should've come clean."
"What's going on out here?" Mia asked tiredly as she and Brian rushed out of the back room. "Nothing." Dom replied.
Breaking his silence, Vince begged, "Please, Dom, just let me have the chip. I can take this to them. They'll give it to Reyes and set things right."
"Get out." Dom stated calmly. Vince couldn't believe what he'd just heard his "brother" say as he asked, "What?"
"GET OUT!" Dom yelled for the last time. Vince started walking slowly until his eyes met Mia's and Brian's. "You never listen to me. Not when I told you he was a cop, and not now. You never trust me and look where it's gotten us. Look at our family now. I can't go home! Your sister is stuck in this life! Where's Letty, Dom? Where's Letty?" Vince poured out the Dom and walked out. Dom turned his back towards Mia and Brian because he didn't want them to see him like this. Broken.

*Sorry it's been so long guys! I JUST FINISHED MY JUNIOR YEAR OF HIGHSCHOOL!!!!! I am officially a senior! Reasons being that I haven't updated sooner is 1) obviously school, 2) my brother's graduation, 3) I got a job, and 4) I HAVE A LIFE TOO!! But thanks for all the support and love I've been getting on this journey! I honestly can't believe I've been doing this for 2 years!!! I might do fast 8 in a month or two so BE PREPARED! Xoxoxo have a great summer!*
**Also, sorry if this is short, I'm very busy now. Enjoy!!!**