Chapter 16: Working for Carter.

Nobody's POV
Once Roman and Brian came back to Carters place, Brian handed Carter the envelope.
"Hey, man, you got somethin to eat up in there? We hungry." Roman states.
Carter just smirks and tells Monica, "Sit 'em by the pool."
"Mm-hmm. Nice. Come on." Monica tells the boys. As Brian and Rome walk behind Monica, Brian start to look at Monica differently and say, "Hmm."
"What you checking her out for?" Roman asks, but Brian decides to play stupid as he says, "I'm not checking her out."
Roman didn't say a word, until they reached a table with lots of food on it, he then said, "Yes, you were."
"No, I wasn't." Brian exclaims.
Roman looked at Brian and said, "I seen you checkin her out, man."
"Okay, I was. Now shut up." Brian admits.
Roman then starts acting like a little kid again and says, "You shut up. Don't tell me to shut up."
"Both you girlies shut up. Unbelievable." Monica says as she approaches the table and sits down.
The boys then take a seat in their chairs and Roman starts with his shit again.
"You sure are cozy in this big ol' mansion. Sleepin' with the enemy." Roman says quietly, but Monica doesn't listen to him because she was to busy trying not to get caught by Carter.
"Nice Ferrari you got in the drive way." Brian says, trying to make it less awkward. Carter chuckles and says, "I'm glad you like it."
The boys then watch Carter as he open the envelope to reveal a cigar cutter, cigar, and a lighter...
"We did all that for a damn cigar?" Roman asks.
"No, you did that for a job. Do you really think that I would let somebody impound my car? The boatyards mine. Oh, by the way, you two owe me a gate. But I'll just take it off your cut." Carter finishes saying while laughing.
Roman then starts fake laughing and says, "Off our cut. I like that."
"Good." Carter shoots back as he light his cigar.
"What's this job you got for us anyway?" Roman asks and Carter replies almost instantly, "Come with me."
The boys and Monica start walking around the gardens to the house while Carter explained things to the boys, "The house has ears in it. I have something I want you to carry from North Beach to the Keys."
"What is it?" Brian asks curiously.
"Just put in the car what I tell you to, drive it to me and don't let anyone stop you, understand?" Carter states.
Brian then says, "Yeah. Any chance of cop trouble?"
"No. I'm buying you a window of time, but it's not gonna be open very long. You make it, and I'll personally hand you 100 G's at the finish line." Carter explains.
Roman the put his two sense into the conversation as he said, "Make it 100 G's a piece, papi. Look man, obviously, your pockets ain't nervous." and touched Carters pocket.
Carter then smack Roman hand away and said sternly, "Don't ever touch me."
"Our pockets are empty. Like I said, we hungry." Roman states.
Carter thought for a moment and then says, "I got an idea. Why don't you two boys join us at the club a little later tonight?"
"Yeah. Pearl at midnight." Monica agrees.
"We'll get to know each other a little better." Carter says with a smirk.
Brian didn't have to think as he said, "All right. Sound good." and shook his hand with Carters.
"We'll see you tonight." Carter exclaims and Brian relies, "See ya." and walks away with Roman.
About 5 seconds later, Carter called out to Roman, "Hey, you! Your pockets aren't empty."
"Damn." Roman muttered to himself.
"I'll take my cutter back." Carter says calmly.
Brian then watched Roman walk over to Carter and say, "Stupid ass."
"Hey man, I figured you had, like, 12 or 13--" Roman starts, but gets interrupted as Carter said, "You're not too bright, are you? Just get out of here."
When Brian and Roman were out of ear shot from Carter and Monica, Brian said, "Same old Rome, doin' the same old stupid shit."
"Get off me, man." Roman said because Brian was hitting him.
"What, runnin' your mouth? Instultin' people? Stealin' Verone's shit?" Brian exclaims.
Roman then looks over to Brian and says, "Think I'm gonna let somebody stare me down? I ain't let nobody stare me down in jail, homeboy. Think I'm gonna let it fly on a beach?"
Roman then starts intimidating Carter, "And you, I'll take my cutter back. His rich ass."
"And your packin'!" Brian states and Roman shoots back, "Like you ain't. Exactly."
"From here, I'll do the talkin'." Brian insists.
"Looks like you wanna do a little more than that." Roman says seriously.
Brian then looks at Roman confused and asks, "Oh, and what that supposed to mean?"
"It means you always gettin' in trouble over a female, Brian." Roman exclaims. Brian didn't say a word because he knew it was true. The boys then got in the cars and went to Tej's garage.