Chapter 21: Pockets aint empty Cuz

Brian's POV
I followed Enrique's order as I got in the driver side and he got in the passenger side and started to drive. I drove down this narrow pathway, but stopped as soon as we were out of sight from Verones boat.
"End of the road." Enrique stated ass he raised his gun to my head again. "You know, I like you, but I still gotta kill you. It's my job."
I quickly grab the eject button and pressed it a couple times, but nothing happend. "What's that? What's that?!" Enrique asked as he cocked back his gun when I kept pressing the button, praying for a miracle before something bad happens to me.
"It's Barstow, baby! It's about to get ugly!" Roman yelled on the radio. Thank God! Not today! I'm not leaving this earth today. Roman then crashed into the black SUV behind us, giving me the perfect opportunity to grab Enrique's gun and pin his arm down to the dashboard. I hit his hand a couple of times, making him shoot the windshield to make Verone think that I was dead.
Roman then got out of his car and started to beat the crap out of the other guy, leaving him unconscious on top of his car. While he was busy doing that, I tried to get the gun out of Enrique's hand, and doing so, he bit me! This asshole bit my shoulder, and of course I screamed. I think elbowed the prick in his mouth and started to say, "Get your--" but was stopped when I said, "Oh, Shit!" as I fell out of the passenger side. The reason for that was Roman.
Enrique and then put me in a headlock on the ground, but that onl you made Ro even more mad. Roman then kicked Enrique in the face as I took the gun out of his hands. I stood up as Rome continued to kick the shit out of Enrique. I joined and eventually, we knocked him out.
"Come on." Roman says quickly as he grabs me and pulls me back in the direction of an opening to see Verones boat taking off. Verone was waving at us like he couldn't be stopped, but little did he know, I always had a back up plan. Roman and I then ran back to my car, started it up, and kicked out the damaged windshield.
As I backed up the car a couple of yards and started driving forward again, Roman said, "I thought you was dead, man."
"Yeah. Me too. Thanks for saving my ass, bro." I said as I pressed on the gas and we went full speed.
"What are you doin', Brian?" Roman asked frantically and I replied, "I don't know. But if Verone sees a helicopter or a Customs boat, she's dead."
Roman then started thinking out loud as he said, "Boat. Car. Boat--You're not gonna do what I think your gonna do?"
"Yeah, I think so. You got my back, bro?" I ask wanting Roman to trust me on the situation and he replies, "Yeah."
"Good. Put on a seat belt!" I say quickly, not knowing how my little stunt will end up. I think Roman thought I was joking as he said, "Show 'em some real Dukes of Hazzard shit."
"We're gonna do this big. Hold on, Rome. Hold on." I say as I went 100 miles per hour and counting. Roman started to freak out that I was for real doing this. "Oh! Brian, you crazy, man! What the hell are you doin'?!"
We both started screaming as a railing acted as a ramp a threw us and the car in the air. We both then yelled, "Shit!" as we crash landed on the boat, causing Verone to run as quickly as he could before we crushed him, but Monica was nowhere in sight. I hit the bridge of my nose on the steering wheel on impact and Roman groaned as he said, "My arm. I think I broke my arm, man." All I could do was hold my forehead because of the pain my face was feeling. We both then heard footsteps approaching us and then the sound of a gun cocking back.
"Get the gun." Roman whispers as he pushed the gun to me. Verone came in sight, pointing his shot gun at us, but the next thing I knew, I fired the gun, hitting Carter Verone in his shoulder. I looked to see Verone bleeding on the floor of the boat, getting ready to pick up the shot gun again. Luckily, Monica appeared out of thin air and kicked his hand as she picked up the gun and aimed it at him as she said, "It's over, Carter."
"You okay?" I yelled to Monica and she smiled as she replied, "Yeah. I'm great." while not taking her eyes off of Verone. I lowered my weapon as soon as she said she was okay, to then hear Roman, "We got 'em, man. We got 'em. Let's get outta here."
About 10 minutes later, the Customs boat came and so did the helicopter, and 10 minutes after that, Rome got Medical attention for his arm and Verone was getting looked at.
"So, there were three bags total, huh? The three from the boat." Markham asked us and we nodded. "So we good, right? My records clean?" Roman asked Markham and he quickly replied, "You held up your end. Your records are clean."
I nodded at Roman to do the right thing, so he went to the trunk of his car and took out 3 more duffle bags and dropped them in front of Markham.
"So maybe there were six bags. I guess we can call it even." Roman finished. "Agent Dunn." Markham called while still looking at Roman. "Sir." Dunn walked up as Markham shook Romans good hand and mine as smiled and said, "We found some more evidence." and walked away. Agent Dunn and another cop took the bags to the evidence truck which caused Roman and I took look in Verones direction.
"Don't drop the soap, big homey." Roman said which made us both laugh and Verone smirking evilly. "I hope you know that when he gets out, he's gonna kill your ass." I say, still smirking. Roman chuckled and said confidentially, "He ain't gettin' out."
"I'll see you soon." Verone said with a smile as he was escorted to the cop car, which left Roman in fear as he asked me, "You think he gonna get out?"
"He'll be out." I smirk as I get up from the crate I was sitting on to go talk to Bilkins and Monica. Behind me, I hear Roman asks again, "No, for real. You think he gettin' out, though?"
"We took car of your decoys. They're free and clear. There's a sedan out on the road for you. Try to bring it back in one piece." Bilkins states with a smile. "Yeah. Thanks a lot Bilkins. You're all right." I thank him with a genuine smile. "Thanks for lookin' out, man."
"All right. Oh and before I forget...Jaelene!" Bilkins yells, catching me off guard. I turn my head to see my sister jogging up to Rome and I and throws her arms around us.
She didn't say a word, and that's usually a bad thing. Next thing I know, Ro and I are being smacked upside the head at the same time as she says, "You idiots! You could've been killed."
"Oww!" Rome and I yell. See that's how she gets her satisfaction. If myself or Roman is in pain.
Jae laughed and said, "I love you both. Don't do it again!" I chuckle and wrap an arm around her shoulder and just keep her close.
"Thanks for watchin' her Bilkins." I say gratefully and he replies, "No problem. She was a delight."
Monica smiled at our tender moment when she finally asked Roman, "So you trust me now?"
"You aight." Roman says smirking. Monica giggles and then slaps Romans bad hand, making him groan. "Ooh. Sorry." Monica states sarcastically and smiles. "Nice working with you, O'Connor." Monica finishes and I reply, "Same here."
Bilkins and Monica then walk away and when Monica looked back at me, I smirked as Roman said, "Mm. Im-a have to stay out here in Miami, man. Keep you out of trouble, brah."
Jae shook her head as Roman and I laughed while we turned to walk out of there. "You know what I'm talkin' about."
"So you gonna kick it in Miami, bro" I ask as we reach the Sedan. "Oh, man, I love Miami. Miami's off the hook."
Roman and I did our brotherly hand shake while laughing. "Open a garage together."
"A garage? How we gonna do that, brah?" Roman ask making Jae fold her arms and ask, "Yeah, Bri. How?"
I then look around us with a big smirk on my face and when no one was around I said to Roman, "Pockets ain't empty, cuz."
Roman started chuckling and looked around as well and lifted up his shirt, revealing his stash of stolen money and said, "And we ain't hungry no more either, brah."
Roman and I then started laughing, making Jae giggle at our shenanigans. Jae then shook her head, walked behind me, and jumped on my back. All three of us then walk to the car to start our lives over.