Chapter 19: Hungover little sis.

Brian's POV
After Verones definition for "entertainment", I took Rome and headed to the back of Tej's garage.
"She was into it, man. What's that about? And you seen the way she grabbed the dude's head." Roman states as we walked to the back.
"She had to, man. He was testing her. You gotta remember, her ass is on the line, just like ours." I reply, but Roman always had to have the last word...with anyone!
"You feelin' this girl way too much. She just like that crazy-ass trailer-raff from back in the day, Tonya."
I smiled as he brought up the past. "Tonya? Man, you went out with her after I did."
"I mean, I couldn't let her go to waste." Roman finished as we walked towards Tej, Jimmy, Suki,... And Jae?!
I walked up to Jae and kissed her head and asked, "What are you doing here missy?"
She looks up at me and smiles as she said, "I need some air, so I came down here, after Markham threw a tantrum, of course, and can down here to just chill with my newly found friends."
I smirk as I say, "Mmhmm." I then go over to kiss Suki on the cheek.
"I got you, I got you, I got you." Jimmy states and Tej replies, "Is that right."
"See, we can race for cash, but when I step on that gas, my nitrous go blast, leave your ass in the past. And, Tej, you about to lose your garage." Jimmy raps as they play cards.
"Whatever, man." Tej says as he sits back in his seat while looking over his cards, when Jimmy started raping again.
"I'm a low-budget mechanic, but I overcharge. Pay me! Let's go man!" Jimmy states smiling brightly as he threw down his cards and started grabbing the money from the center of the table all while Roman was laughing his ass off.
"You a happy man. I'm so glad. This is my garage, boy. Royal flush! Give me this, man." Tej states as he throws down his cards. Roman was just loving it as he said, "Holler, huh! Yes!" and gave Tej a high five as Tej says, "Did I talk to him? Talk to him."
"Damn. You can't play a player. Put that money back on the table. You know it's my next hand." Suki says to Tej.
I walked around the table as I asked, "Jimmy, how you gonna pay me back if you keep losing to Tej? How you doin' bro?" as we did our hand shake.
"I'm gonna crash, Tej. I'll catch you tomorrow." I say as I pat Tej's shoulder and he replies with an, "Aight, boy."
I start to walk away, but remembered my little sis was here, so I turned around as said, "Jae, do stay out to late."
"Don't worry bout me. I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself." Jae says with a smirk and Suki joined her by saying, "Yeah, and if she crashes, she can stay with me for the night. I got yo girl bullet."
I smirk and say, "Thanks Suk. I'll see you guys in the morning then." and went to bed.
Then next morning, I was woken up by the boat door being opened and closed quietly, and soft footsteps headed in my direction. I quickly turned around to see Monica, who took as seat on my bed and gasped as she saw I was awake.
"What are you doin' here?" I ask and she replies quickly, "Brian, they're gonna kill you. I heard him telling Enrique and Roberto. Once you finish the run, they're putting a bullet in your head."
I sat up in shock and asked, "You sure you heard 'em right?"
"I'm sure. I'm sure." Monica states out of breath.
Roman then barges in my side of the room saying quickly, "Verones boys is outs--" but saw Monica and a shirtless me. "Oh, I see what they lookin' for-- your little girlfriend here."
Monica and I then rush, quietly, to the covered window to see the shadow of one of Verones guys trying to look through the window.
"They don't know I'm here. I snuck out." Monica states in a panicky, but quiet voice. "What the hell are they doing here then?" Rome asks quietly and Monica shoots back, "I don't know. Maybe they're guessing."
I then but my shirt on as I whisper to Roman, "Hey, go stall them. Go stall them for like two minutes."
"Check her homie. Check her." Roman whispers back as he moves quietly through the back to go mess with Roberto and Enrique.

Nobody's POV
"Find what you was lookin' for?" Roman asks sarcastically. Roberto and Enrique then walk up to Roman as he sticks out his hand and says, "Hey, buddy. Hi guys. How ya doin'?" Neither one of them shook his hand, so he brought it up to hold the rope on the ceiling of the boat and asked, "Oh, man, y'all still mad about y'all car? Don't even trip homey. Come on, man. You can't take a joke?"
Inside the boat, Monica states frantically, "Brian, this isn't about being a good cop anymore or-or doing your job. They're gonna kill you. You guys gotta pull out."
Back outside, Roman keeps questioning Roberto and Enrique.
"Verone pay y'all to keep a straight face like that? 'Cause if I was making money, shit, I'd get that mole taken off my damn nose."
Inside, Monica asked Brian, "Okay?
"Yeah." Brian states, knowing what he now has to do, whether it out his life at risk or not.
"Okay." Monica assures herself, knowing that Brian will do the right thing.
Roman then continues to antagonize Enrique and Roberto. "How much he lay y'all anyway? Every time I see y'all, man, y'all got the silk shirts on, Jewelry, you know, lookin' real Miami. You know? I caught you walkin' up in the club, you got the hamburger meat all hangin' out, you know?" Roman then starts laughing as he made jokes about their chest.
Inside the boat, Monica pleaded, "Dont make that run, Brian. Don't make that run." and then kissed Brian deeply as it was the last kiss he would ever get from a girl.
"Be careful." was all Brian said as she went in the bathroom and he walked out to meet Roman in the front.
"¿Dónde esta?" Roberto asked Brian and he replied, "¿Quien?" but Roberto didn't question anymore as he said something to Enrique, quickly, in Spanish, so Roman said aloud, "You ain't comin' on my--" but was pushed back by Enrique as he held a gun in his face and he went inside the boat to check for Monica. Brian then got nervous so he tried to go in after Enrique, but Roberto stopped him and pointed his gun at Brian and said, "Hey, hey! Where you goin'? You stay right her with us, buddy."
Inside, Monica was looking for a way out, trying to escape as quickly as she could out of the sun roof. Enrique kept searching and then Roman tried to go inside, but Roberto stopped him too and stated, "Don't even think about it."
Enrique then opened up the bathroom door to see nothing but a toilet, shower, and a sink. Brian then calmed down as he knew Monica made it out.
"¡Vámonos!" Enrique stated as he walked off the boat and Roman followed him as he said, "Stay your ass of my homeboys boat--" but was cut off when Enrique elbowed him in the stomach. Roman then got up and pushed Enrique against the wall and grabbed his gun while Brian twisted Roberto's arm to get the gun and pointed it at Roberto and yelled, "Put the gun down! Put the gun down now!"
Enrique then had Roamn in a choke hold with the gun pointed to Rome's head as he said, "You first, asshole! You first!"
"I'll shoot the shit out of him! Put the gun down!" Brian yelled.
"¡Bájalo Ahora!" Enrique yelled, but Brian yelled back, "¡Tu Prímero!"
Everyone was yelling all at once until they heard a voice say, "Enough. Shut up." Enrique then tried to explain, but Verone said, "Shut up. It's over. Come on. It's over let's go."
Roberto and Enrique let go of Brian and Rome and they did the same. Brian unloaded the gun so Roberto couldn't try anything, but Verone started getting agitated as he said aloud, "Let have the gun. Come on. Let's go. Let's go."
Roberto and Enrique stood by Verones side as Brian walked up to Roman, both panting.
"I'm glad to see you boys are getting along so well. Because tomorrow, Roberto and Enrique are gonna be riding along with you...just so we don't have any problems. I'll see you guys in a bit." Verone states as he walks away to go back to his house with his men.
Ro and Brian watch as Verone leaves with Roberto and Enrique when all of a sudden, Rome asked, "What the hell was she doin' in there, man?"