Chapter 6: Race Wars Part II✔️

Jaelenes POV
It was around 9:30 am when I woke up. Brandon wasn't in his bed, so I'm assuming he was downstairs finishing up the car he was fixing. I roll out of bed and head into shower. When I'm done, I dress in a baby blue ruffled tank top, some white ripped jeans and my black sneaker wedges. I then make my way downstairs to what I thought would be Brandon finishing up his customer's car, but instead I see him working under the hood of my own.

"Morning, sleeping beauty." Brandon greets me as he wipes his hands on an oil stained rag. I smile brightly and refreshed. "Morning!"

"Ready for your lessons?" Bee asked as he closed the hood and put his tools away. My smile drops as I start to feel uneasy. "I don't know... I mean, what if I crash? I already love this car, I don't wanna ruin it."

Brandon quickly washes his hands in the sink and dries them and heads back over to me and puts his hands on my shoulders. "Do you trust me?" I tilt my head to the side with slightly wide eyes. "Well, duh. Of course I do."

"Well then stop being a big baby and get over your fears." Brandon exclaimed as he lightly shook me.

Instead of the parking lot where he taught me how to drive yesterday, Brandon took me to an abandoned parking garage. I almost crashed into the concrete like five times, but once I got the hang of it, this racing things was actually pretty fun.

"Ok, now that you got the hang of it, I'm gonna teach you something else." Brandon started. I immediately stomp on the brakes and the sound of tires screeching to a halt echoed in the open cement box. "There's more?!" I ask in fear. Brandon groaned out, "Yes, Jae. Tokyo isn't just about racing. It's about a little thing called drifting too."

I shake my head nervously and say, "You do it, since you're clearly so excited about it." Brandon sucked his teeth as he thought out loud, "See, I would, but I have a garage to run. And let's face it; you hardly do anything. This is me just keeping you busy and giving you a new hobby." I groan inwardly and rest my head on the steering wheel. Once I come to my senses, I shake my head and say, "Fine. What do I do?"

About a good hour and a half later, I finally learn how to drift, but all good things came to an end once I lost control and started to spin out. I immediately blocked everything out as I squeezed my eyes shut and screamed at the top of my lungs. Once the spinning stopped, I opened my eyes and felt Brandon's hand on top of mine.

"Jae, you ok?" Brandon asked frantically. I sat there in shock, but nodded. "It's ok. You did nothing wrong. Just... Learn from this. Always concentrate, but other than that, you did what was expected." Brandon assured me.

I furred my brows as I watched the white smoke rise from the front of the car and asked, "So you expected me to crash?"

"I mean it's normal for new drifters. I crashed my first time. I hit a mailbox...well actually, a few mailboxes." Brandon shuttered at the memory and I laughed nervously.

"I can't believe you talked me into this. Now the car needs to be fixed." I whined, putting my face in the palms of my hands. Brandon rubbed my back and said, "It's not that bad. Just a few nicks on the bumper and passenger side. Nothing a little buffing and paint will fix."

I peeked at him through my fingers and sighed. "Let's go home. You drive." I said. Brandon and I switch seats and go to the garage, expecting another busy-less work day.

Nobody's POV
"Is that your car?" Dom asked Brian. The boys popped the hood and Jesse started naming everything he saw to Dom who looked at Brian impressively. "Not a bad way to spend ten thousand dollars."

"See that shit? He's got enough NOS in there to blow himself up. Period." Edwin stared as he looked over Jesse's shoulder and then to Dom. Hopeful, Brian asks, "So, what do you say? Am I worthy?"