Chapter 3: From L.A. to Tokyo✔️

Jaelene's POV
We landed in Tokyo about 13 hours later. It was Sunday, 1:35 pm in Tokyo and it was Saturday, 9:35 pm in L.A. As soon as Brandon and I got off the plane to walk to the baggage claim area, I pulled out my phone and called my brother.

"Hey sis, did you get there yet?" Brian asked. I smiled as I heard his voice. "Yeah, we just landed. We're gonna grab our bags and check into a hotel nearby for a couple hours and then go house hunting. I think I might thank you and tell you I love you until your ears fall off." I said gratefully.

"It was the least I could do, Jae. I knew how much you wanted to get out of there, so I kept my promise and made that wish come true." Brian said smirking. "Promise that you'll come visit soon?!" I ask in a rush.

"I'll see what I can do. Now that I got this job, they call me for everything, no matter what hour it is." Brian stated and sighed.

I laughed and said, "Well that's what being a cop is all about. Saving lives, arresting people all hours of the day, and never having time to yourself."

Brian chuckled and said, "I miss you already kiddo. I wish I could be there with you."

I smiled as Brandon and I made it to the baggage claim and replied, "I wish you were too." There was a pregnant pause and Brian then filled the silence.

"So I got this case that I'm working on and I now have to learn how to race for it." I raised my brows in amazement. Not even a full days work and they already got my brother pulling crazy ass stunts. "Oooh. That should be fun. Just don't die. I need you!" I said jokingly. My brother laughed and I giggled along with him.

"Well it's late over there, so I'll let you get some sleep while you can. I love you Brian." I said while finding my luggage and quickly grabbed it. Brandon found his and we start to walk to the exit when I heard a soft sigh, "Alright baby girl. I love you too and I'll hopefully see you soon. Good luck on the house hunting. And don't use all that money at once, please, and pass that message on to Brandon. I'm not a bank!" Brian joked. I laughed and replied, "Ok. Bye Bri."

"Bye Jae." Brian said and then hung up. While we waited for a cab, I searched for a hotel nearby. There was one that was rated five stars and it was 7 miles away from the airport.

Luckily, Brandon took Japanese language classes online so he can communicate with people just incase. When the cab finally came, we were driven to the hotel, put our bags in our room, and headed out to find a house. We searched for about 3 hours through the streets of Tokyo until we finally came across an apartment that was just above a auto garage. The garage was owned by an old American man who moved here from New York.

The man's name was Oliver and he was selling the apartment for 2 grand, but before we bought it, he couldn't help but ask, "You both seem mighty young to be buying an apartment with the exact price I'm looking for. You're not running from the fed's now, are you?"

Brandon looked like a fish out of water, so I explained, but left what I didn't want to be said out. "No sir. We just finished our junior year of high school and it was always our dream to go someplace new for senior year, and my brother just became a cop in LA. They actually had him do some job which was really big and paid him a lot, so he wanted to carry out our dreams and sent us here."

Oliver nodded at my explanation and smiled, "Well, the apartment is all yours. Welcome to Tokyo." Oliver handed us the keys and Brandon shook his hand and thanked him as he gave Oliver the money.
We left to the hotel to sign out and get our bags, and came back.

"So, now that we have our place, we need jobs." Brandon stated as he opened up his bag to grab a change of clothes. I then thought and replied, "Maybe we can ask Oliver if he's hiring."