Chapter 30: Dont mess with me

Nobody's POV
After nearly beating a guy for information on David Park, Dom came across his apartment number. Brian had just pulled up to the building. Dom then kicked David's door down and grabbed him by his collar as David yelled, "Don't! Don't! Don't!" and threw him into the wall.
Brian noticed the sports car he parked behind and smirked once he realized who the owner was. Dom then choked David out as he asked, "Green Torino, running nitro. Who's car?"
"I don't know, man. I'm just a middleman. I swear! I'm just the middleman!" David barely gets out as Dom threw him into the couch and sent him and the couch flying back.
Brian then got out of his car and started to walk over to checked the car.
"Wait, wait, wait. I don't know shit, man. I swear. I just run cars for Braga, all right? All I can do is get you in the race! That's all I can do!" David pants out as Dom took slow steps closer the the man laying on the ground. Dom became intrigued as he asked, "What race?"
As Brian was almost to the side of the car, there was the sound of a window shattering, and someone screaming. Brian looked up to see David, upside down, hanging from his apartment window by non-other than Dominic Toretto. Brian ran as fast as he could inside the building to stop Dom as David begged, "Help! Let me up, man! Come on!" As he ran up the stairs, Brian heard, "Come on, man, I don't know shit! Just let me up!" which only made him run faster. When he reached the room, Brian pulled his gun out and pointed it at Dom with a shocked and frightened look on his face as David continued to yell, "I told you, you gotta talk to Braga!"
"Bring him up, Dom." Brian said calmly as he lowered his gun slightly while slowly stalking forward. "God! Don't drop me! That's all I know!" David continued.
Dom slowly turned his head to the familiar voice he once knew. "Bring him up." Brian said again.
"You here to take me in, O'Connor?" Dom asked as David kept yelling at Dom and he yelled back, "Shut up!"
There was a crowd of people watching below. "Letty was my friend, too." Brian tried to explain, but Dom didn't want to hear it. Instead, he said, "You weren't anyone's friend."
"Yo, can you guys talk about this later, and pull my ass up!?" David yelled, but Brian and Dom ignored him as they continued.
"She was running for this guy, Braga, and things went bad. I'm going to get these guys, Dom. Now let me do my job and bring him up." Brian tried to reason with his old friend.
Dom had a disoriented look as he said, "I'm going to kill this Braga...And anyone else who gets in my way."
With that said, Dom let go of David to let him fall to his death, but luckily for him, he grabbed onto a curtain. As it happened, Brian pushed Dom out of the way and grabbed David Park's hand before he fell and when he looked back, Dom was long gone. Brian saved the mans life and placed him under handcuffs and brought him in for questioning.

Brian's POV
As soon as I walked out of the elevator, I was annoyed by Stasiak.
"O'Connor!" Stasiak yelled as he walked quickly in my direction. I rolled my eyes as I walked David over to a room, but that didn't stop Stasiak.
"O'Connor! If you ever release a witness of mine again..." Stasiak threatened as he grabbed me and shoved me into the wall, so I then grabbed his neck and bashed his face into the wall and then kneed him in his stomach and watched him sink to the ground, in shock.
"That's enough!" Penning yelled as he watched the scene before him. Someone tried to help Stasiak up, but he got up as he said, "Don't touch me. I'm fine"
Stasiak then pointed his finger at me, a little disoriented from the blow, and said, "Your through, O'Connor!"
"I said that's enough! Stasiak, go get yourself cleaned up." Penning stated, and of course, Stasiak had to whine like a little five year old and say, while still pointing his finger at me, "What? He hit me first! You--"
"This isn't the Cub Scouts! Now, go on! Your bleeding on my floor." Penning yelled. Stasiak then stomped away like the little kid he is, and Penning steps closer to me as says, "O'Connor, do you know the difference from being a cop and a criminal?"
"What?" I then ask with a straight face, trying to not look scared that I might lose my job and get arrested for what I did 5 years ago. Penning then continues his lecture as he says, "One bad judgement call. Keep your shit in line, son."
I then sighed as Penning took the attention off of me as he turned to David Park and said, "Have a good time." and patted Park on his shoulder.
I led him into the room as I said, "Take a seat." He was scared shitless at what he just witnessed.
Later, Penning pulled me into a conference about Braga.
"Good news. We have intel that Braga's number two, Ramon Campos, will hold a street race in Koreatown tomorrow night to fill a slot on his team. They've already chosen three drivers from previous races. Our newest informant, Mr. David Park, has been kind enough to get us into the race." Penning stated as he looked around, until his eyes landed on me and I knew what he was about to say, so I smirked at he came out and said it, "O'Connor, your up."
"Let me guess, winner gets the slot." Trinh states with a smirk.
At the end of the day, Trihn pulled up a category of cars to choose from. I chuckled as I saw about 100 different cars on the screen.
"Alright, so these are all the imports the city has in impound." Trinh states. I smile and say, "Okay, nice."
"Pick your poison." Trinh says as she looks up at the screens.
"All right, 2206. I crashed one of those." I started with the biggest smile on my face, making Trihn laugh as she wrote down the numbers, so I continue, "3418 and 2765."
Trihn was confused at my choices and asked, "Okay, so which one do you want?"
"I want 'em all." I say with a straight face. Man, it feels great to have that rush of my criminal side wash over me. This is gonna be fun.