Chapter IX: When Waves Crashed

Three weeks have passed blissfully and Sabina was enjoying her work immensely. Her best friend Patricia was right, now that she had so much work to do the nightmares have lessened and there was literally no time for her to think of the things bugging her.

She was busy printing some proposals while humming a song, when an elegantly dressed middle-aged woman entered the room. Sabina offered her a kind smile. "Good morning ma'am, what can I do for you?" She asked politely.

The older woman deliberately ignored her and went straight to the young CEO's office. A little alarmed with the visitor's behavior, Sabina hastily stood up and followed the woman. She was about to enter her boss' office when the door was slammed shut loudly on her face.

The last thing she saw was her boss' shocked face. She went back to work trying to shake off the effects of the rude woman's actions and thinking that maybe the said woman was just having a really bad day.

Behind the closed door, the older woman went straight in front of Timothy's desk. One could tell that she was furious and annoyed.

"Ma, why did you do that?" Timothy asked his mother a little too harsh, as soon as she was seated. He never thought that his mother could act this way. He saw the hurt expression on Sabina's face and it made him extremely irritated.

Mrs. Bianca Loreto-Sebastian's face contorted in anger. "Don't use that tone on me, Theo." She said sternly. She was fond of calling Timothy, Theo from her deceased father's name, Theodore.

"And why is that woman still here? Do you know what she did to Darcy? My poor girl was traumatized by that woman's foul mouth." The matriarch added, pointing her finger at the door.

Timothy's mood rapidly flew from annoyance to fury. "Darcy was just exaggerating things, Sabina was provoked, naturally, she will fight back. It was Darcy who was being rude and out of line from the very start." He protested.

He stopped what he was doing and concentrated on his mother's tirade. He knew that this had to stop.

The matriarch was aghast with her own son's sense of reasoning. "Can you hear yourself, Theo? Dear Darcy was right, that woman had clouded your mind? What has she been feeding you?" She scolded, looking at her son in distaste.

"Easy ma, not everything Darcy was saying is true. My assistant had done nothing wrong." He rationalized as he tried to protect Sabina from his mother's unfair judgment.

The young man saw his mother shook her head. "I can't believe you're siding with her. Have you seen your girlfriend lately? She was always crying because of that woman." She stated in disgust.

Timothy could feel a massive headache brewing. He pinched the skin between his brows before addressing his mother's concern. "Ma, Darcy is not my girlfriend and she never was." He muttered under his breath. "And I'm not taking sides and you should not, too."

"Tell me Theo, are you bedding your executive assistant? Is she that good in bed that you completely forgotten about your own girl friend?" His mother asked him forwardly. Anger had possessed the woman completely and it manifested in her speech.

The young man was scandalized with her mother's words. "Ma! What kind of question is that?" He bellowed.

Mrs. Sebastian was taken aback with his son's high pitch and reaction. This was the first time he yelled at her. He grew up very close to her. She was his refuge and strength. The woman outside had turned her son into someone she never imagined he could be.

"Who are you?" She asked, truly hurt.

When the young CEO saw his mother' face, he softened a little. "I'm still your Theo ma, I just wanted you to realize that Sabina is not that kind of woman. She's decent, kind and well-educated." He argued, trying to pacify his mother.