Part20: School Madness

As Emily's dad sat in the truck, he smiled at her. "I will tell you great news after school, have a great day!" She smiled, hugged her dad, and waved as she hopped out of the truck. She looked back once more, he was already down the road.
|
Sitting in Math class, a younger girl wouldn't stop messing with her hair.

"Stop." Emily pleads, she just wanted to learn.

"What are you gonna do? Nothing." She smirks at Emily.

"I'm trying to actually do my work, I will move." Emily grabs her pencil, gripping it between her fingers. The teacher walks toward them and glares, "should you ladies be talking right now? Dayna, do your work." Emily nods her head, the younger girl smiles. "Sorry sir." Emily puts her head down and writes down the pages of her homework.

The bell rings, Emily snatches her bag up and walks out of the room. She slams her fists against the locker, not wanting to deal with Dayna. Grabbing her next set of books, she heads to English class and sits in the back of the room. Emily notices Dayna and her 'friends' walk toward her, she rolls her eyes and stares out the window.

"Why are you all alone?" Dayna flicks Emily on the arm, making her little group laugh. "Hey, back off!" A young boy steps up for Emily, sitting next to her. "Really Oliver, you wanna stick up for this kid? She's a disaster waiting to happen." He bends down and faces Emily, "don't worry about her. Dayna just thinks she's better than everyone else." He turns back to Dayna, "have anything better to do?" She motions her hands, having her group follow her to the front row.

Emily smiled, feeling a little better now. "So, who are you?" Oliver asks Emily.

"Emily. You are Oliver? Nice to meet you." She shakes his hand and starts a kind conversation with him. When the teacher walks in, she sends all to the front of the class. She guessed assigned seating would happen eventually.

"When I call off your name, sit in the desk that's empty." She looks down the list, starting with Michael. "Michael, Eugene, Peyton, Wyatt, and Landon. First row." Down to the last two rows, Emily was scared to find out who she was sitting next to. "Madison, Issac, Evan, Sadie, Rachael. Last, but not least, Oliver, Emily, Dayna, Peter, and Felicity." Being stuck next to Dayna wasn't her intention, but she had to.

Nudging into Emily countless times before the bell rang was a mistake, Emily was starting to feel angry. The medication was starting to wear off, she was getting anxious about it.

"I'd suggest you go away. I don't want to hurt you." Emily tries to keep her cool, she knew she'd really hurt that girl.

"You wouldn't, you can't. You're just a tiny, dainty thing," she shoves Emily to the ground.

She has just made Emily's skin boil..