Part3: Michael's Walk.

Bright and early in the morning, Emily's eyes pop open. She knew her mom was still sleeping, so she quietly walked around the house, looking for her next weapon. Dangling on the front door knob was her kittens leash, she thought maybe she'd play 'walk the boy until he can't walk anymore.' That also meant grabbing a thick stick from the woods. Ideas went through her head as she looked around the house, so many opportunities, not enough time before summer vacation ended.

A knock at the door startled Emily, her mother walked out of the room. "Who's that?" Emily shrugs her shoulders, she wasn't expecting anyone. Her mother covers her chest with her arms and swings the door open. "Yes?"

Tears on the young lady's face meant something horrific, Emily sat far away from the door. She knew.

"My d- daughter..." She holds up a picture of Sammy, "have you seen her? She vanished yesterday afternoon." Emily's eyes widened, her mom store at her, "Emily will you take a look at this picture for me?" Slowly making her way to the door, she nods her head quickly. "Never met her." She skips into the living room, leaving a questioning look on Sammy's mother's face. "Let me know if you see my sweet girl, she's only eight." Emily's mother nods and closes the door, sighing as she makes her way into the living room to Emily. "Sweetie, are you sure you haven't seen Sammy?" Tears form in her eyes, "I saw her yesterday. She was playing with a bunch of neighborhood boys, I wonder what happened."

Caressing Emily into her arms, she quiets her down. "It wasn't your fault, you didn't know. We should go look for her, want to help me?" She nods her head, she could lead her mom right to Sammy. Pulling a light jacket over her shoulders, she points which way the 'boys' were playing at. Through the woods to a nearby pond, Sammy's shoe is recovered. Pulling out her phone, Emily's mom alerts the police.
|
Early this afternoon on the news.

"Eight year old Samantha Pierce's body was found in a pond nearby to her neighborhood. She was brutally attacked, and stabbed multiple times to the chest." The news reporter looks down, "does anybody know anything about who did this to little Sammy?" The reporter goes on about a kidnapping afterward, making Emily feel better knowing nobody knew it was her.

"Mommy, can I go play?" Her mom shuts off the tv with tears in her eyes. "Why don't you stay inside today?" She glares, "please?" Her mother nods, "I suppose. Stay close by though, if I yell for you, come right home. Understand?"

Out the door she goes, tucking the kittens leash under her T-shirt.

Walking down the street, she spots Michael playing on the porch. "Hi Michael." She waves from a distance, he smiles. "Hello Emily, want to play legos with me?" She shakes her head rapidly, "No. Wanna play a game? Come with me." Making sure his mom was nowhere near the door, he motions Emily to go near the sand pit. She agrees and runs down the hill, Michael following shortly behind.

"My mom doesn't want me playing outside today. So, make the game quick." Snickering, she nods. This was going to be fun to her, she pulls out the leash and wraps it around Michael's neck. Pulling the collar to its tightest setting, she yells at him. "Crawl human, crawl." He gasps for breath, trying to take off the collar she tightened. Grabbing the stick, she smacks him across the back. Crawling further and further down the hill, she shoves him down the rest of the hill.

She watched his body hit the rocks and twigs. She watched him suffer the whole way down, not looking away from the scene as it happened. Finally, his body stopped rolling. Making her way down to Michael, she touched the gaping hole in his face. He was dead, she had suffocated him to the point he couldn't cover himself as he fell. Blood pooled around his cut-up body, she smiled in interest. She knew his death would be fun. "Emily!" Her mom yells from the house as she yanks the collar from his neck and runs up the hill. "Coming mommy." She enters completely out of breath.

"What were you doing by the pond?"

"Mom. I was actually playing in the sand pit across the road, the pond scares me." Rubbing Emily's shoulder, she sends her off to the shower.

Emily pulls a bloody leash from under her shirt.

She keeps it as a souvenir.