Part13: Did it work?

Trying to move from her bed was pointless, she couldn't even if she tried. "Daddy!" Emily's dad ran in, "what's going on Em?" She starts trying to move around, "I can't move from the bed. What's happening?" He quiets her down, sitting on the edge of her bed. "Your doctor told me to keep you in bed after you got home, your medicine is starting to work, how are you feeling?" He had her wrapped up like a butterfly, blankets and restraints held her down. "I would like to get up. I now know I'm not crazy." She was ready to sit up and pet Jak, her dad agreed. "Okay, but take it easy. You got really dizzy before your nap." He let's her free, she pets her kitten and breathes deeply. "Dad, I feel good. Thank you."

Her medicine was working, she was okay with it. Not really feeling anything made her smile.

She didn't feel angry, sad, nervous, or disgusted with herself. She felt happy. "You were out for quite a while, it's been a full day pumpkin. You should eat something, what do you think sounds good?" Her belly grumbled, she was wanting something good. "Scrambled eggs and French toast?" He nods, it actually sounded good to him too. After breakfast, he sat down with her. "Do you still want to go to the friend circle?" Her eyes widened, she forgot. "Yes! I want to meet some new friends before school."
.............................................
At the friends circle.

"Liam. Nice to see you." He looked at Emily, she seemed pleasant to him. She sat down next to him, she was ready for the circle to begin.

"You seem, different. What happened to you?" Liam questioned Emily, he knew something was off about her. He couldn't quite put his mind to it, but he bit his tongue.

Emily knew she was different, she was actually happy. Liam on the other hand looked miserable, she didn't want to hear about it. "Liam, I'm happy. You should try to be too. I know you want to say something about it, don't." Liam kept his mouth shut the rest of the time, until Dr. Rallph walked through the door.

"Welcome." He sat in the chair at the edge of the group. He glanced around the room, he fixed his eyes on Emily. He saw her smiling, interacting with kids and not hurting them. He was happy to see her fitting in, he knew that medicine was for the best. "So, let's start with names. Let's start with you." He points at, Emily, she smiled. "I'm Emily."
"Liam."
"Sadie."
"Rachael."
"Mickey."
"Ryan."
"Dr. Rallph. So now that you have all introduced yourselves, I am pleased to tell you that you're all attending the same school this year." The kids all had excited expressions on their faces, except Liam. "I'm going home. You can finish class without me, I expected better." Liam calls his parents, leaving shortly after.
.....................................................
An hour later, class ends. "Hope to see you all again. Have a great day." Emily skips out to her dad, she had a great time. School was staring in a few days, she knew she'd have some friends.

Her dad sent her to bed early, starting to prepare her body for school early in the morning. Having her drink the cup of water with medicine, he kisses the top of her head. "Sleep tight sweet girl." Closing the door behind him, he deeply breathes in, feeling relieved she was feeling better.

Dr. Rallph sat up at the table that night, wondering if the medication was messing with more than just her anger. He needed another meeting, this time with both parents. He needed a full evaluation of her, just to be safe.