Part 67

Harry's P.O.V

"Harry," Molly whined next to me, I groaned out and soon felt her hit my bare chest. "Harry" I heard again.

"I'm going" I said rubbing my eyes and sitting up, Molly buried herself into the sheets and pillows falling back asleep. I padded out of the room across the hall to the crying infant, picking her up in an attempt to quiet her. After several minutes of different things,  her cries finally subsided and she stared up at me, her eyes wide, admiring mine as I stared back at her smiling.

"Thank you." I whispered knowing she didn't understand a word I was saying. 'Just because of you everything seems fine again." I thought as I sat down, holding her close to me.

"Without you, I don't know where either one of us would be." My confessions came out to someone who had caused all the good in my life and to someone who would never be able to understand just how much she stood for and represented. Her hands as small as ever clutched my finger as a sense of safety.  I vowed to always protect her and make sure she felt safe.  The future is terrifying to think about.  What if  someone finds her like I did Molly.  I can't even go there, I said to myself, shaking it off.   

My thoughts were broken when the door opened and more light crept in and Molly silently made her way across to me.

"I thought she wouldn't go down for you." She whispered and I shook my head.

"Psh, thanks Molls.  Real nice." I chuckled lightly.

"You know what I mean!  What were you doing? You seemed focus on something" She changed the feeling in the room pretty quickly.

"Just thinking" I shrugged.

"About?" She prompted, smiling looking down at my arms.

"Nothing important." I said smiling getting up. Molly watched over my shoulder as I put her down and we each stood there holding onto the rail.

"Was it worth it?" She whispered still peering down.

"Every little thing." I said and I saw her smile as she looped her arm around mine and I pulled her into my side.

"I love you" I whispered to her kissing her forehead.

"I love you too" She sighed almost as a relief. "Can we go ba-"

"Yeah let's go" I cut her off walking toward the door listening to her silently laugh. I closed the door somewhat behind us and we each entered the bedroom climbing back into bed.

Molly's P.O.V.

8:37 AM

I woke up, quickly realizing Harry was missing from bed and across the hall seemed too quiet. I slipped out of Harry's shirt and threw on one of my own long sleeves that I purposely bought two sizes too big and gym shorts and made my way downstairs to see Harry in the kitchen and Emberly in a seat happily sleeping, unlike the rest of us.

"Good Morning!" He said kissing me lightly.

"Hi" I said catching his arm and pulling him back down to me. His lips met mine again only this time more passionately as we each smiled into the kiss.

"I cooked breakfast!" He whispered and I stepped back admiring a shirtless Harry and the food he had prepared.

"I see that." I replied, still smiling as I turned my attention to Emberly in her chair mounted on the counter top.

"She woke up around 7:30 so I just came down and did some stuff." He said to me wrapping his arms around me from behind and I leaned my head against his chest.