Part 7

Harry's P.O.V

"She's pregnant by him." I said and her cries filled the room. The detective looked at me in shock and started to rifle through a file cabinet ignoring her sobs. As he looked through files, Molly flung up from her chair and threw herself out of the room, I couldn't help but follow. I entered the small hall of the station and saw her running down it. It all happened in slow motion like the movies. I could see my feet on the floor and my hair fly out of my face. As she ran outside, I did too. Then- she stopped. She stopped running. It was now raining outside as she stepped out into it, I remained under the canopy of the building as I stared at her back that was now completely wet. She turned around and faced me, her eyes were puffy and face red, her hair sticking around her face and curling slightly.

She said nothing as I walked towards her in the pouring rain, I just stood there in front of her, face to face. Her lip quivered a bit as she blinked. Her eyes darted back to the door, "We need to go inside. As much as I don't want it to, it is necessary." she spoke softly, her lips still shaking, and she looked towards her hands. After her statement, she walked past me and through the door.

____________________________________________________________________________

Molly's P.O.V

I reentered the building, still wet, but found my way back to the office. I sat down and Harry followed. The detective looked at us and continued with the paperwork.

"I'm sorry about this and it must be a difficult subject, but when you are far enough along to not risk either one of your health, I need a completed paternity test." He said with sad eyes and I nodded.

"Alright then, please follow me." We both stood and followed him into a hallway. We walked up to a door but the detective turned around.

"I'm sorry, but I can only take Ms. Robinson beyond this point." he said to Harry. Harry nodded and turned to me.

"I'll be right here when you're done." I nodded and looked at him with longing eyes, and he returned the look. I needed him or I wanted him in there with me.

The door opened and shut the moment I was in the room. There was a light dimly lit and a glass panel on one wall. Pretty soon, a voice came over and repeated at least seven numbers. The next thing I knew I was standing directly in front of the panel and instructed to say yes or no if I recognized anyone.

One light came on behind the panel to reveal a man.

"No" I said weakly

The light went off and the next came on for another man.

"No" I said again.

Once again the light went off and another went on and a different man stood there.

"No" I repeated for the third time. My mind began to race, what if they got the wrong guy I thought.

The next light came on to reveal someone else and I answered again.

"Yes" The detective looked at me, but all I could do was stare at him from behind the glass. My entire body ran cold and I stumbled back. I fell to the floor and shimmied against the wall, the man came to me momentarily but couldn't help. The next thing I knew Harry was knelt in front of me picking me up as I cried.

____________________________________________________________________________

Harry's P.O.V

As I carried her out of the room, so many people turned their heads to look at us. Her breathing loose and sporadic. It hit me that she was now in a complete panic attack. I ran her out to the range rover completely forgetting about the other car. I could get Louis to grab it I thought.