Chapter 75- Letting go.

The morning after, as Zayn went to work I decided to take the day off. I needed to breath and process the night before.

Zayn proposed. He proposed to me. How I was dying to say yes and marry him within minuets. But no escaped from my lips. Deep inside I knew that it was the right thing to do, I just needed everything to be about us and not about Perrie.

I sat down with a cup of tea and looked outside the kitchen window. The sky was light grey and people were ready with their umbrellas as they ran to work. My stomach suddenly got twisted as I sat there and watched everybody continue their day. I should not have said no. My mind got caught up in things that made this complicated. Maybe this didn't need to be. Life is too short to wonder right?

I let go of the cup like I had burned myself and stood up.

" Phone" I whispered and ran around until I found it on my nightstand. I checked my message until I found the old message that told me where Zayn was. In the studio today. I grabbed car keys and took a look in the mirror. I needed to fix up a little. I brushed my hair quickly and applied a little more mascara before running out.

The traffic was the same as ever and I thought why didn't I call Casper? but I parked the car outside the studio 40 minuets later. I left my purse in the front seat, took the key out of the ignition and slammed the car door. With my heart in my pants and sweaty hands I walked inside. I heard laughter and followed it. I knew it was Niall.

" Oh hey Tara" Niall's face changed quickly as I walked into the break room. I only saw Niall and Steve, a song writer.

" Hi, where is the rest of the boys?" I asked and looked around.

" They decided they wanted to go out for lunch..." Niall said and put his guitar down without looking at me.

" I'm gonna finish this piece Niall" Steve said and walked out of the door, giving me a quick smile before passing me.

" So..." Niall said and sat down. 

" So..." I replied. I watched his eyes go from my toes to my face. They went still when they met my eyes. 

" Looking where Zayn is yeah?" He asked without breaking the eye contact. 

" Yes, I need to talk to him. It's urgent" I didn't even blink. What game was he playing ? A Staring contest ? 

" Urgent? Can I help you with something, or is it between boyfriend and girlfriend?" He asked. Finally he blinked and looked away.

" Niall..." 

" Look ! " He stood up quickly and I was taking a back a little bit. " Please forget everything that happened before. I don't know what came over me alright? It was a temporary phase, I'm over it...I promise" He put his hands in his pocket and let out a long breath, like what he said had been a huge relief. 

I don't know what came over me. I don't know why I just blurred it out. I didn't even think.

" I'm here to say yes to his marriage proposal" My heart skipped a beat when I realized what I had said.

Niall was not fine. His hands went from running through his hair, to hiding his face, to making them fall down his side.

" Are you marrying him?" He asked with so much disappointment in his voice. I opened my mouth but closed it again.

" You just said that you were over me.." I thought that using his own words would make it better but I was so wrong. His reaction made me forget why I was here and my heart didn't feel the urge anymore to confess my love to Zayn. It was just pumping to keep me alive, and trying not to bleed out from the pain I felt.

" Alright" Niall said and looked away. 

" Alright what Niall? " Something came over me. I started to get angry towards him. He managed to ruin the day for me already. " Now is your chance to tell me what you feel because after I see Zayn I am all his, forever" 

This could not be more dramatic. Both of us were breathing heavily just to calm ourselves down. His blue eyes stared deep into my soul as he chose his words wisely.

" Alright fine ! Go marry him ! But don't you ever come to me with your problems that include him, you can't have my heart and my shoulder to cry on. From this moment I'm letting you go"

Why did it hurt to hear him say this? Why did I feel the blood slowly leave my heart? 

Niall suddenly changed. He wasn't mad anymore. He saw the tears run down my cheeks and I felt stupid for showing any emotions. 

He walked to me and put his soft hands on my cheeks, wiping the tear away with his thumb.

" Tara, this is what you want. And I'm not holding you back anymore" 

I closed my eyes and nodded my head slowly as I convinced myself that he was right. I felt guilty for having to convince myself. 

Niall waited for me to open my eyes before pressing his lips slowly against mine, only for few seconds.

" Now go" He said calmly as a hurt smile came up on his face. He let me go and watched me walk out of the studio. When I was buckled up in the car I was so sure that I would break down and cry. But I didn't. I felt a relief. 

I was more ready than ever.

Zayn P.O.V

I didn't hear from Tara all day. She didn't answer my texts, so I figured that she caved in and went to work.

The day was finally over and I got to go home. I opened the door and was greeted with a familiar flat.

Candles everywhere, white roses, and my dark blue suit was on a chair in the living room. 

                                                          " Put it on, xoxo"

I looked around with the note in my hand but I didn't see her. What was going on? I removed my clothes and did what I was told.

" Now what?" I whispered to myself. I followed the candles that I wanted Tara to follow the night before.

I stopped when the candles did and looked around. 

" Hi " 

I turned around and I swear my heart skipped a beat. She stood there wearing the most beautiful dress I've ever seen. The pearl beaded fabric matched her skin tone perfectly and as she came closer I couldn't help but notice that the dress molded her torso beautifully, complimenting her feminine shape.  Her beauty was flawless and the way she walked to me showed full elegance. She looked like a queen and I felt overwhelmed with her presence.

" Hi " I answered shortly, simply because I was out of breath.

" Zayn, I have only one word to say to you" 

She took my hands and squeezed them lightly. 

I suddenly felt the hope that was spreading all over my body. 

" Yes"

Withing seconds I dragged her closer to me and kissed her. With only one word I was the happiest man alive. She said yes.