Chapter 70- Scared of thoughts

Yoo guys its chapter 70 ! Thank you for surviving all this way...I think its been like...3 years? That's crazy....Anyway, I really hope you keep reading ! ;)

Zayn's P.O.V

I took a deep breath as I stepped into the elevator. Walking away from her so after such a hot moment was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I wanted to rip off her clothes so badly and make her forget time and place but that wasn't the plan. The plan was to make sure that she was going to come home tonight...

I stroke my lower lip with my thumb and put my hand in my pocket as I walked out of the building and into the black Ranger Rover.

" So?" Harry asked as he drove off. I put on sunglasses and seat belt, in case we would be spotted at a red light or Harry would simply drive off the road. He was a terrible driver.

" A little bit problem ,but I think I convinced her to come home instead" I doubled checked if my seat belt was going to grab me if Harry would hit the brakes too hard on a red light. I saw him looking at me quickly before hitting the brakes harshly.

" Harry! What the fuck man!?" I yelled as the belt did its job. The driver behind us wasn't afraid of showing Harry how stupid he was and the sound from his honr was not going to stop.

" Oh relax, I saw you checking your seat belt" He smiled and looked at me and the smile changed from friendly to close to laughter. " C'mon ,it was funny! I'm not that bad"

" Just keep your eyes on the road and drive carefully" I suggested and shook my head pissed. I looked out of the window to count to ten. Harry slapped me loose on the thigh and apologized before having a good laugh.

" So what did she say? Is everything going to happen tonight?"

" She phoned Perrie and they are going to meet tonight at eight, but I convinced her not to go" I looked at Harry who looked surprised. I got chills as he let one hand go of the leather steering wheel to run his fingers through his hair.

" Oh no that can't be good ! Are you sure she's not going ? And what are they gonna talk about?" He kept fixing his hair but by the sound of his voice he was not sure that Tara would come home after all.

" I don't know and I don't care, all I want is to do this tonight. I can't wait longer..." I pressed a button on the handbox and once it opened I reached for the little black box. I played with it for a second before I opened it for the hundredth time.

" It's very beautiful Zayn" Harry said as I took the ring out of the box.

" A beautiful woman like her deserves the best" I said and admired it for a while. It was the perfect ring. Soon as my eyes got locked on it I saw Tara. I saw her wearing it. I could imagine waking up next to her and seeing the ring on her finger as I kissed her good morning for the rest of my life.

Harry's phone buzzed in his pocket. He had a hard time getting it out and I hurried putting the ring back in the box in case we would crash. I closed the handbox and tightened my grip to the door handle.

" It's alright , I got it" Harry smiled when he saw me getting red in the fingers for holding so tight. I let go and took a deep breath. 

" Oh it's from Niall...He's there waiting" Harry started to text back. 

" Dude ! " I yelled and took the wheel as we started to go a little bit too much on the other half of the road.

" Oh sorry" Harry laughed and took his eyes of the phone.

" Allow me! " I was shocked as I ripped the phone out of his hand. I looked at the text and soon as I saw his name my stomach got twisted. I was going to tell him about the proposal.

" Hey man how are ya?" Niall gave me a short hug as I arrived at his flat he had in London. 

" I'm good and you?" I took off my leather jacket and sat down in the sofa. His place looked amazing but it was obvious that he didn't spent a lot of time there. Some furniture were still wrapped in plastic fabric  and the flat still had this fresh -new- bought smell in it.

" Always good, I guess" He made himself fall in the two armed chair in front of me.

" So what is it? You sounded serious on the phone" He added and sniffed up in his nose. I took a deep breath as I went into the back pocket of my jeans. I stopped for a second like I was going to regret what I was about to do. For a second I saw Niall's reaction flash before me and everything that would happen after that. I let go of the box and took my hand back.

" Oh no nothing...long time no see you know" My heart was pounding hard in my chest and the minute I stopped talking I felt the guilt build up. Niall's worried face changed quickly and he looked relieved.

" Oh man I thought for a second that you were having seconds thought about the band" He left out a shaky laugh like he had been really nervous. " Don't let this few months break get to ya ! " 

I left out a laugh with Niall and shook my head.

" No no, I'm not leaving.." I saw Niall nod his head and smile. We looked at each other. Our smiles didn't last long and Niall looked away. 

" Look Zayn..." Niall seemed uncomfortable as he looked at me again.

" We don't have to talk about it Niall, really" I stood up and offered him my hand to pull him up.

Soon as he stood up he wrapped his arms around me but only for few seconds. I was more than willing to have him longer as it felt like the old days.

" I'll see you later then" He said. I nodded my head and grabbed my leather jacket on the way to the door.

" Hey what's that in your pocket?" 

I froze in my steps. I made my fingers touch the box before turning around. Niall put his hands into his pockets and waited for me to answer.

" Just earrings I bought for my mum...she's coming over for dinner tonight and I haven't seen her since I came home. Wanted to give her something you know?" 

I held my breath down as I waited for Niall who wasn't sure if he was supposed to believe me.

" For a second I thought it was something else...I don't know" He left out a little laugh but I could see that he tried to hide his reactions from me.

" Just earrings.." I smiled and waited for him to buy it. 

" Yeah, well I see you later" 

I nodded my head and faked a smile as I walked out. 

" So how did he take it?" Harry looked up from his phone and turned the key. 

All I had to do was to look at him and he knew the answer.

" I just couldn't do it. He's Niall" I looked down before looking at Harry again. 

" Exactly. He's been your friend for almost six years and he deserves to know that the girl he is in love with is going to say yes to his best friend. He stills cares for you and always will, no matter what " 

" I know I just...I can't help but wonder sometimes-" I stopped. I didn't want to tell Harry how I felt. I was too scared of my own thoughts.

" Yes?" Harry asked. I shook my head and put on a seat belt.

" Nothing really...I should go home and make everything ready" 

Harry opened his mouth but closed it again. He smiled and nodded his head as an agreement before driving off.

Maybe I didn't want to talk about it but I woke up every morning thinking of it. What if Niall was better for her than me? What if he deserves her more?