Chapter 43

In that instant, I don't know what possessed me. I became some ravenous animal that devoured every wing that was put in eyesight.

As I slurped sauce (yes disgusting I know) and bit away at bone, Derek's face displayed more and more wrinkles on his forehead.

From how gross you must look like?

No.

Because I was beating his ass.

He could not compete with me. Oh no, oh hell no.

I was just too good.

"Jamin wai'" came his plea from between bites.

"Nah bih- "

That's right. With the way I was defeating him, I was making him my bitch.

"No mercy!" I yelled while reaching for more. My fingers were covered in an orangey tint, and the hot smell of it infested itself in my nostrils. I had been unleashed. The competitiveness had been dormant in me... until now.

All my cares about looking cute and ladylike flew out the window.

I only thought of winning.

And also about how the look of despair on Derek's face made him one hundred times more attractive then I already find him to be.

Oops don't get distracted!

I was ahead by about six wings. Skills I know.

We were sitting on some fancy leather couch with the whole platter of wings (which to be honest wasn't that much) on the glass table in front of us. We had given up having to keep returning to the food section to get more each time, and took everything.

We probably looked like crazy idiots from an outsider point of view, but we were living in the moment?

Normal teenagers would probably be with everyone else moving on the dancefloor, but we preferred to pig out. I wasn't complaining at all. On the other hand, something was telling me that my stomach wouldn't be able to hold any longer soon. The heart burn was going to hit, and knock me out.

"Jasmine I need a break," Derek put down the piece of food he had just been eating at, and downed some soda.

"No breaks. You either forfeit or keep chewing!"

"My stomach is starting to hurt- "

"We must fight to the death!" I proclaimed and held my wing like a sword in the air.

Was I taking this too far?

Not one bit.

"But- "

"You going to lose to a girl, Mathews?" I smirked.

To be honest I almost felt bad for the kid. He looked more on the verge of passing out then I did. Maybe we should stop?

No! Do it for the glory!

Losers weepers!

My eyes stared at him widely and hopefully menacingly as I took another bite.

He briefly closed his eyes in what I hope would be defeat, but...

Then he slowly lifted another wing to his mouth.

Nooo!

Before it touched his lips, Derek hesitated.

Yes!

He squinted his eyes and looked me square in the eyes.

"I will be champion," and then he shoved the rest of the wing in his mouth while still staring at me.