Chapter 20

A/N Woah Chapter 20 already? Dayum.:))) Don't forget to vote away and thanks for reading.

I'm wrapped up in Derek's arms. His head rests on top of mine, and his front is pressed against my back. He moves me side to side, and my hands hang on to his toned arms.

The music plays, and once again my heartbeat follows the rhythm of the drums, and absorbs the sound of Cole's raspy voice. I don't listen to the lyrics so much, but instead take in the atmosphere of the whole ordeal. It's loud, and crazy and balances out with the softness that is Derek.

It feels like it's just us too, even though it's not. I get the sense that it's the same for Derek.

His embrace tightens, and his lips touch my temple. It's quick, but can't be missed. My body involuntarily presses closer to him, and my insides swell up in joy. My fingers brush his forearm, and he takes that hand in his. Our fingers intertwined tightly. His heart beating behind me. An unfaltering grin on my face.

Drops of water hit my face, and soon enough there's rain pouring. Despite this, the crowd doesn't stir.

But after our clothes soak up a bit of rain, Derek's speaks. The sound vibrates through my body. It sends a shiver down my spine, and travels to my stomach.

"You tired?"

"Just a little." On cue I yawn. Truthfully, I am drained. I usually don't stay up very late, but I haven't said anything to lengthen my time with the hunk that is Derek Mathews. A boy who literally has swept me off my feet.

"Derek!" His strength amazes me as he picks me up, and carries me back into the house.

"I can walk!" I laugh.

"I'm carrying you for my own benefit" He says navigating through the furniture, and uncaring college kids. They've probably seen it all, so we're nothing to see.

"Oh really? How exactly?"

"Your body heat," Derek claims pretending to freeze by shivering.

Awe. Damn, that makes me blush.

"How selfish," I mockingly glare.

"That's me, only thinking about myself," He chuckles.

I'm shivering when he places me in the car. My teeth chatter, and I will him to hurry and get in the car.

He immediately turns on the heater and removes his wet jacket. Even in the dark I can see the hairs on his arm sticking up. Goosebumps rise on my own skin.

"Sorry, I probably should have given you my jacket," Derek says concerned.

"No it's okay!"

"Here, you can change into this," he hands me a denim button up from the backseat. I guess he always keeps a spare shirt.

"Umm..." I gulp.

"Oh, I won't look I promise," he says turning to face his window with his head down.

I slip my shirt down and off from my legs, and his shirt is on in less than a minute.

"Done," I say buttoning the last button. The shirt is just a little big around the shoulders, but I just see it as more fabric to warm me. It smells of lavender, and instantly reminds me of a Downy commercial. The memory makes the shirt give me a sense of safety.

"Cozy?"

"Very much thank you," my smile assures him.

And we're headed home, well my home.

***

"Thanks for inviting me, it was great." I unbuckle myself and hold my folded wet sweater in my hands. The car windows are fogged up, and rain is hitting the car roof. I'm so calm and tired that I don't want to get out. I'd much rather stay in here and look at every detail of Derek's attractive face.

Is that creepy?

You crushin' girl. It's normal.

"Thanks for coming with me," he shifts to face me.

"Well you didn't really give me much of a choice," I pout jokingly.

"I don't know, I feel like you still owe me a little," he says reaching over to cup my face.

"Oh?" The word comes out of my mouth in a whisper. His other hand takes a strand of hair from my bangs and twirls it between his fingers.

"I like this," he says referring to my new hairstyle.

I can feel something in my gut, pushing me towards him.

I don't say anything, but my breathing becomes heavy. I can hear the whistle of the wind outside, and a rush of blood fills my head. I'm a little dizzy in a good way. My eye lids droop, and Derek is now staring at my lips while biting his own. A finger on the hand resting under my chin grazes my bottom lips. The skin tingles there, and I find myself inching towards him. How can I describe what has come over me?

It's called lust Jasmine. Get a dictionary.

My lips part and his eyes close. I let him pull me in and-

BZZZ..BZZZ...BZZZ

Ignore it Jasmine!

Derek stops, but the closeness of his mouth has left mine open and ticklish.

Dumb ass! Kiss the boy!

I reach for my phone in my back pocket, but Derek's hands are still holding my cheeks. I open the screen and look down.

Under a random number there is a message that says: Hey Jasmine, it's Jordan. I asked Jade for your number. I hope you don't mind.

Oh hell.

Pizza: A love story based on true events