Chapter 49

A/N: Holy cheezits it's been six months. That's what college does I guess. But anyway enjoy!!!!

Game Day

Being back in school makes me wish I could reverse time and start Winter break all over again. Especially today when I have two boys expecting my presence at their football game.

The only comfort I have is Hailey, who is finally fully recovered and back in school. Except I have the feeling that I've lost her to my brother, who has made these last few days a nightmare for me. He has made it a point that the "magic in his pants" has been the best medicine the doctor could have prescribed. *Shivers.

"I can't believe I'm best friends with someone who shares saliva with my brother," I say and make a scene of holding my stomach and fake barfing.

We're headed out the front doors of the school and going to go get yogurt before the game. This is the most normal teenage life thing we've done in a whole while. I can almost forget that I'm not stuck in a love triangle, and that Hailey did not go through a midlife crisis situation in the last couple of weeks.

"And a lot at that," she replies as I make gagging noises that has people turning to look at me. I would make an amazing actress.

"I'm not hungry anymore."

"Really? Well then I guess I'll just head home and- "

"I'M LYING! I wouldn't turn down food" I declare.

She rolls her eyes and we keep walking towards my car. My brother dropped her off at school today and I would say that's some cute shit, except it's my brother. Also, the smug look she had on her face left me little to no imagination about what she'd been doing before the bell rang for first period. I think I'll be seeing a lot more of Hailey around my house than before.

            I unlock my doors, and Hailey gets in first while texting someone on the phone. No doubt my brother. As I'm about to plop down into my seat I hear footsteps behind me.

            "Hey Jasmine." I turn slightly and take in Jade's cheerleading outfit and glittery streaks on her cheeks for the game.

            "Um hey?" I reply wishing her away.

            "I'm going to guess that you're going to the game, right?"

            "Probably."

            "Cool," she nods with a scheming gleam in her eye. Her eyes shift down to see Hailey in the passenger seat, and then looks back at me with a smile. I give her a tight smile back waiting for her to say something else but she doesn't.

            "Okay well I'm going to go now," I say trying to shoo her away.

            "See you tonight!" She leaves and I sigh getting in to my car and driving off confused as to what the point of that was.

...

            "So, you don't like Jordan anymore?" Hailey asks as she scoops more of the mango yogurt she has in her cup.

            "Nope," I say looking at a stingy couple a table away from us sharing a cup of yogurt with their two toddlers, and slurping yogurt from sample cups. I'd almost offer to buy them another cup but the women's silicon tits and the husbands apple watch give me the clue that they might be able to afford it on their own.

            "You're telling me that you wouldn't bat an eyelash if that boy decided to invite you to the prom?"

            "I never even thought about prom" I say truthfully.