Chapter 29

A/N Hey hey please vote, comment, and thank you so much for reading:D

"I'm guessing you haven't done this before?" Jordan grabs my hands and lifts me up.

"Not really." I brush the cold off my butt, consequence of my slamming onto the ground when I attempted to turn on my ice skates.

"Here grab my hand." I lock fingers with him, and he cautiously guides me.

"There you go," he says as I do it on my own at the next corner.

We turn and turn until I'm dizzy. Jordan has me by the waist, still making sure I don't come crashing down again.

"I'm so tired," Jade says to Cameron behind us.

"There's hot chocolate in the lounge. I'll go get some," Cameron replies.

"Hey man you coming?" He calls to Jordan who looks at me.

"Thirsty?"

Yes, you a thirsty bitch Jasmine!

"Yah, sure. Thanks." He kisses my forehead, like he tends to I've noticed and skates over to Cameron.

Maybe he doesn't want to kiss your mouth with that stinky breath of yours.

I brush my teeth every day!

Mhm.

"Sooo," Jade reaches me, and links her arm around mine.

"Sooo," I repeat trying to keep my balance.

"Has he asked you to be his girlfriend yet?"

I shake my head.

The rink is full of teens that know what they're doing. I on the other hand am trying to not panic. A blade in the leg would not be my favorite highlight from this evening.

Damn right it wouldn't.

Jade is content, and has turned out to be easy to conversate with. It's almost relaxing except for that open threat she has dangling over my head if I can't get Jordan to be my man. I don't want to know what she's capable of. She's gotten me this far, and that shows her commitment. I have no doubt she really will turn into Jack the Ripper if I don't fall through.

Jade the Ripper.

*Screams internally.

"Get at it Jasmine. He's eating you up," Jade says head held high. She's so confident that I can feel it too.

"He keeps kissing my forehead though. What's up with that?" It's something I'm feeling insecure about, but it's something I need Jade the expert to explain to me. This is new to me.

"It's him showing possession of you. Believe me, once he moves from that stage you'll wish he'd keep his hands off you," she informs me flipping back her hair.

I don't want to imagine what Jade's been up to since Cameron moved past that "stage."

"Word of advice. When he does start getting really touchy," She pauses to smirk at me, "make him work for it."

"Umm..."

"No one likes an easy girl Jasmine. It's easy for a guy to dispose of you if you give him everything you have to offer from the start."

"But you told me to sleep with him -"

"I was testing you." We come to a stop, and Jasmine's eyes settle on me. The blue is powerful. I know she uses them to her advantage to trap someone's attention all the time. She's doing it to me right now.

"What do you mean?" I place my hand on the glass that goes all the way around. Some kid comes extremely close to Jade, but she stays as steady as ever.

"I needed someone who had a brain Jasmine. If you would have said yes to sleeping with Jordan than you'd have been a weak candidate. He'd move on right after. I needed someone who could hold on to him. So far, you're doing great."

Well, then. Maybe Jade isn't as careless as I thought.

I wasn't going to give up my virginity to him anyway. But it's nice knowing she didn't truly hope I'd do that in the first place.

"Oh."

"I mean if after a couple of months you want to, that's your deal."

"No!" I open my eyes wide. Please, I can't talk about that HERE.

"I'm kidding. Come on Jasmine don't take things so seriously," She rolls her eyes playfully.

"So what's my next move supposed to be?"

"My secret Santa party. I made sure Jordan got you. He'll have to get you the best gift ever."

The party is right before Jordan leaves, and that makes me want to cherish this moment with him more. I'm more attached than ever strangely. He's a little different than I expected. A little too talkative...about himself and his sports. But he's a boy, so I guess that's normal. Besides, I could listen to his voice all day so I guess it's not too bad. I think he's the one with the hold on me, more than the other way around.

"Hot choco for my babe," Cameron hands a Styrofoam cup to Jade, and kisses her on the mouth.

I look away, and Jordan hands me mine.

"Careful it's hot." We both sip. It's sweet, and makes me almost roll my eyes back in how delicious it is.

My stomach rumbles rebelliously in response.

Crap, what'd I tell you!

"Oh, someone's hungry." Jordan grins knowingly.

"Nuh huh," I deny unconvincingly.

"You guys hungry too?" Jordan asks a now ferociously kissing Jade and Cameron.

"Guess they're already eating," Jordan says.

I laugh.

"Yah man. I could go for some In-N-Out." Cameron says with glazed eyes. Jade smirks. She really does have him wrapped around her finger.

Take notes.

"Sounds good," Jade says.

"Burgers it is."