Chapter 22

A/N *Gets on knees and cries. "Please comment, please vote!" Thank u:P

Oomph!

I land on the ground from the loud knocks coming from the door.

"Going!" I attempt to call out, but end up sounding horrible.

The doorbell rings, and I scramble to get off the floor and open to what can only be Hailey.

Turning the lock and opening it wide, I try to speak again.

"Hey thanks for saving my ass. I swear I- "My words stop.

"Hey."

The person in front of me is not Hailey. Unless Hailey suddenly became a cute teenage boy holding an open umbrella in one hand, and a grocery bag in the other.

"Uhhh." I might just faint.

"I brought you soup," Jordan holds up the bag for me to see.

"Thanks, umm how did you...?"

"A bunch of us were hanging out at Cole's apartment, and I was there when you called your friend Hailey." He's looking straight at me, and I can't move or breathe any better, but I guess he can't tell since he keeps talking.

"I texted you last night, and so I was kind of worried when you didn't text me back. When Hailey said she had to leave because you needed her, I decided to volunteer," Jordan shrugs like it's no big deal to come drop off some soup for a girl that slobbered him one night, and now is nastily sick.

"Oh."

Oh? Oh! Come on Jasmine, you can do better than that! Flirt with him!

I'm too sick to flirt.

At least invite him in.

"Come in," I move to the side of the door, and he walks in after shaking off his black umbrella.

"You can sit anywhere," I say but hoping he doesn't sit where I was just dying. If I'm responsible for him getting sick, I'll just DIE. Of course it would be a good chance to return the favor, and even take care of him. Wink, wink.

Dirty Jasmine!

"So umm how much is it?" I'm already walking towards my bedroom to retrieve my wallet.

"No no, don't worry about it." He says leaning his elbows on his knees. He pinches the bridge of his nose briefly, and I panic that maybe he thinks the smell of sick person is too strong. Maybe I should have tried to Febreeze the room before he made it through the door.

"Really? I can pay for it. It's no problem," I cough after rushing out the sentence.

Jordan digs through the plastic bag he's placed on the coffee table, and opens up a box of tissues. He grabs a few and holds them out to me.

This is so embarrassing, but I take them, and try to give him a thankful smile through my watery vision.

"I can get you a Coke or something if you want?" I offer while dabbing at my nose. If he agrees to a soda, then I can escape to the kitchen to blow my snot without him being repulsed by me.

"Or I could take care of you, and start making you this soup," Jordan pulls out two different brands of chicken soup.

He wants to take care of me? What is life? Is he serious? I must look so gross, yet here he is in MY house offering to help ME get better!

"I don't want to get you sick though," but he doesn't take my warning as a sign to leave.

"I wouldn't mind. If I do get sick it'll be my excuse to spend some time with you. So which one?" I point at one of the cans he's holding up, but his comment has caused my heart to do a flip. I don't care which soup I eat. I think him playing my caretaker is going to be a way better medicine.

Or you could pretend to be sick for a month or two so the hottie has to be around longer?

I think Jade would approve of this train of thought.

"Just point me to the kitchen, and I'll figure the rest out," he's up, and following me as I lead the way.

He's so close to me, and it feels foreign. A bit ironic since I've already intruded his body space. Was I that good a kisser that a guy that never noticed me as more than just another insignificant classmate would go as far as heal me? Maybe Hailey was too absorbed in Cole that she didn't consider these facts when she let Jordan pay me a visit. True, it's something I'm enjoying to be experiencing, but is it realistic? Is it sincere? Or is Jordan just another horny teenage guy hoping to get something back once I'm better?

Would you refuse?

I can't be too cautious right?

"Here it is," I say crossing my arms behind my back. But when I feel my boobs press against Derek's shirt, I cover my chest instead. I don't need to be giving Jordan a show.

Maybe later?

Shhhh! I swear if I could remove my devilish thought process I would.

"Awesome, I'll cook this so you can go rest up," he says finding a medium sized pot to empty the can contents into.

"Honestly, you've already done a lot by buying it. I can make it," I say grabbing a stirring spoon from the drawer, but he takes it from me. Making soup from a can isn't rocket science. Plus, I don't know how much longer I can take allowing him to see me like this.

"Jasmine, don't make me have to carry you out," Jordan's eyes are a bit stern, but his smug grin says it's not a mean threat. He turns on the stove, but keeps his attention on me.

"Fine," I sigh, having no energy left to say more.

"Rest," he points for me to leave, so I take my butt out into the hall. But not before taking one last look of him standing there in action.

Dayum that ass. My whole-hearted respects for football season.

I can't with myself.