Chapter 31

A/N hehehe
I'm outside. Jordan's message makes me rush down the hall.

I'm applying red lip stain, courtesy of Jade Mathews, when Chris's scent fills the living room.

"Since when do you wear makeup?" He says while grabbing the mail off the coffee table.

"A better question is when do you plan on showering? You smell like burnt biscuits and grease." I scrunch my nose at the unpleasant aroma.

"That's cuz I actually burnt them."

"Chris," I look at him now seriously.

"Don't worry I didn't get fired."

"So what happened?"

"Toilet duty." We both make faces at that, because public restrooms are the worst. People leave pee, and wet toilet paper all over the floor. Not to mention the obvious smell of ahem waste.

But Chris needs to step up his game.

"Okay, in that case shower twice, and I'm leaving to Jade's so bye." I grab my small black bag, making sure to double check that I've inserted the thin rectangle wrapped present.and walk around him to the door.

"Bye bitch," Chris retreats into the kitchen with his biscuit ass smelling self.

I take my cherry blossom smelling self out the house and into the arms of a grinning Jordan. He's wearing a brown jacket, and grey sweatshirt underneath. He looks very warm. His hair looks wet though, a sign he just showered. His usual cologne fills my nose, and I'm once again a goner.

"Hey baby girl."

*Swoons as crowd sings "awe" together in sickly sweets voices.

"Hi, Jordan." I've said his name countless times in my head, but out loud is not the same. It's a reminder that Jordan isn't part of one of my head scenarios anymore. He's really here, making me feel my crush a million times stronger.

"Your hair looks great like that." He's admiring the loose braid I've created. My arms still hurt from reaching behind and trying to make it look like more than just hair wrapped awkwardly around.

"Thanks I just did it real quick."

You liar, that shit took you half an hour.

"You look really great."

Okay move on you unoriginal-

Hey! Okay, so his vocabulary isn't extensive. But how many ways are there to tell someone they look good?

How about gorgeous, beautiful, pretty, heavenly, sexy, hot af?

Umm...

"You good? Or do you want me to turn the heater on higher?"

There are other ways to warm Jasmine up if you know what I mean heh heh?

"This is fine, thanks."

He nods and we watch the drizzle start.

Jordan puts the car into drive, and tries to get me to tell him who my present is for. With no avail, he rolls his eyes playfully as I press that he won't know until the recipient is holding my gift in their hands.

He pulls out his present from the trunk of his car. It's a rectangular box wrapped up in glittery green paper, with a red bow on it. It's mine, that's for sure. Jade rigged the game by finding Jordan last at school, so the last little piece of paper for Secret Santa had my name on it.

I avert my eyes from staring too long. Don't need him knowing I know.

But I don't miss a little green object he shoves in his pocket before we join the rest of Jade's guests.