Chapter 3

I gape at her, mouth dropped all the way to the floor. She honestly is a mad woman. Cue the exit.

I turn to leave, but Jade is quick to block my path.

"I thought you liked him?" She asks with her hands at her hips.

"Yah, that doesn't mean I'm going to sleep with him," I say accusingly. Okay so maybe I did plan to do that with him, but further down the line. Like when we're married, and once we live in a Beverly Hills mansion with two dogs. What can I say? I like to plan ahead, but this is too fast up my agenda.

Something behind me catches her attention, and causes her to pull me to the back of the building.

"Hey!"

"Shhh!" She covers my mouth with her lotioned-hand, which I try to bite.

"Owww! Stop!"

"Excuse me?" I say back while trying to get the taste of Japanese Cherry Blossom lotion off of my tongue. Yah, believe it or not it's not exactly the first time I've tasted that specific lotion.

"Shut up for a minute. We're gonna get caught," Jade's peaking at whatever is behind the wall.

"What is being seen with me going to ruin your reputation?" Of course it would, why else would she have met me in private? Well, besides the fact that her proposition wasn't exactly a public matter.

I try to get a glimpse of what she's looking at, and my heart breaks at the scene. Right in front of us, is a sight that I wish I could erase.

Alyssa Hights has her arms around Jordan. My Jordan! As in my future husband Jordan.

Jade turns back to me, and scrunches her dark eyebrows at me. Probably because of my murderous expression, considering what I just saw. But she quickly goes back to having that business like stance and attitude.

"Okay, fine. You don't have to sleep with Jordan, but we need to get you to steal him from Alyssa," Jade points behind her for emphasis.

"How am I supposed to do that? If you haven't noticed, he doesn't even know I exist. Also, how did you even know I liked him?"

"It's not that hard to tell," She takes out my notebook from my opened backpack and opens up to one of many pages filled with scribbles of his name and hearts. Don't judge me, I'm a girl in love.

"Okay, okay." I rip the notebook from her hand, and place it back into my bag. Making sure to zip up my backpack this time.

"Anyway, with my help I'm sure we can get Jordan to notice you."

"And why do you want revenge on Alyssa exactly?"

"That's my business. You just make sure to not tell anyone we're doing this. I don't need unnecessary witnesses."

I roll my eyes at her, and she starts to grab her stuff from the floor. Jade pulls out a tube of red lip gloss, and expertly coats a layer on.

"I'll send you my address. Come to my house on Friday, so we can get started on this," and just like that Jade Mathews is gone. How she got my number is just another mystery she probably won't elaborate on. But a girl like her has connections, so I don't question it any farther.

I wait a couple of minutes before leaving the side of the gym building. I doubt Jade would want me leaving right after her, or else someone could see us, and get suspicious.

The coast is clear. No one is paying enough attention to see me merge from where Jade left. Anyone in sight is too busy talking about weekend plans, and too important to care, so I make my way into the main building. I make my way down the halls to the front of the school, until I see Hailey in our usual spot.

 I make my way down the halls to the front of the school, until I see Hailey in our usual spot

^Jade