Chapter 19

"He kissed me after he performed, and we spent the rest of the night talking. He's so hot," Hailey tells me with a bright look in her eyes.

"Woah," I say crossing my legs on the blanket Derek set out for us on the grass. He's talking with the guys but doesn't forget to throw me a grin every couple of minutes when we make eye contact. He looks so hot, too.

"Who knew Alyssa's brother could be such a babe. Or well they have good genes obviously, but he's not rude and all over himself like I'd expect a queen bitch's brother would be," She says taking a drink from her water bottle.

"So are you guys like together together or just together as friends?" I ask leaning back on the blanket. The sky is completely dark now, but it has yet to drizzle. The sound of crickets is distant, but soothing.

"Well he kissed me, but he hasn't like asked me out, but this could count I guess."

"Do you like him?" I wiggle my eyebrows at her as best as I can from my laid position.

"I wouldn't have let him near my mouth if I didn't." She gives me a playful slap on the thigh, and I giggle like a little kid. Maybe I'm the one whose high and I just don't know it.

"I don't get how you can say you're a germaphobe," She gives me a questioning look.

"Like I'm pretty sure sharing a blunt with a group of people you meet in some street ally is way more likely to get you sick then sucking face," I explain and roll my eyes at the face of disgust she makes.

"Dude!" She hits me harder this time, but she's grinning like a psycho all the same.

"So," Hailey fixes herself so she's also looking up at the sky right next to me, "Have you been sucking face?" She signals to Derek with her head.

Would this be the time to tell her? About the whole Alyssa thing and how the person I actually kissed was Jordan, and not Derek like she might assume? Or should I just continue keeping it from her? But if I do, for how long?

Jasmine, you owe it to her. She tells you her shit, so tell her yours!

That's true. I'm being dumb I should just tell her.

"Actually there's something I should tell you," I say slowly.

"Okay?" She says awaiting my confessions.

"I've actually had this big crush on Jordan, you know Jordan Brigerio?"

"I know, go on," She says as if it's not a big secret at all.

"Wait you know?"

"Girl it's not hard to figure out. You like drool whenever he passes us down the hall or whatever."

What the heck! Is my crush really that transparent?!

"How long have you known?" My mouth is open in shock.

"Since I met you," Hailey shrugs and her bangs fall to one side of her face.

"And you just didn't say anything?" This is incredulous.

"Hey it's your taste, not mine. I'm not gonna judge you. Besides you like Derek now don't you?  He seems chill."

"Umm..." What do I say?

That you like him you dipwad!

Do I though? But I like Jordan... or do I like them both? Is that bad? Can't I just have them both?

Woah, don't have a hoe moment.

Gosh this is complicated.

"What?" Hailey's senses that there're more I need to tell her.

"The thing is..." And so I tell her. All of it. Starting from Jade's confrontation to now. It's more information then I felt could happen in a small amount of time. It hasn't even been a week, and I've gotten myself into a love triangle if it can be called that.

"I don't know what to tell you man." Her face is genuinely pensive. She's not angry with me, or at least she doesn't show it.

"Are you mad that I didn't tell you all this?"

"Not really, I mean if it weren't for you I'd be working right now instead of hanging out with Cole," Hailey tightens her jacket with a small smile.

"True." I close my eyes, feeling relieved that she's not hating me for keeping a secret from her.

"But if I'm being honest, I'm all for you hooking up with Derek after what you've told me."

"I kissed Jordan though," I sigh.

"You said Derek saw you in those awful cargo pants at the library, and he still came after you." She has a point. If Jordan saw me wearing those when I attacked him, then I really don't know if he still would have kissed me back.

"I don't know if I can just stop liking Jordan after so much time, and especially now that I could have a chance."

"Your emotions are all screwed up dude," Hailey pats my head sympathetically.

I open my eyes, and turn to see Derek walking towards us. I stay down, and soon his face is hovering over mine.

"Hey," he says.

"Hey."

"The guys are about to start, you wanna go watch?" He asks with hopefulness in his voice.

"Sure," I nod.

He stretches out his hands for me to take, so I do. And he pulls me up swiftly, and we look at each other. He keeps one hand in his, and brushes my knuckles with his fingers. This gesture makes me want to hug him. Maybe even kiss him?

I hear Hailey brush herself off behind me but I don't move. I look at the grown, not being able to handle Derek's eyes searching mine. Jade and Hailey have revealed to me that I'm easy to read, and I don't want Derek seeing through me. I don't want him to know that my heart is being pulled in two directions. He doesn't deserve that brutal detail.

Hailey passes by us with the blanket folded underneath her arm. She gives me two dumbs up, and goes to sit over by the girl the guy named Jer was with. There's people already surrounding the area the band is facing.

"You okay?" Damn it. He's getting to me.

Looking up I reply, "Yah, let's go watch."

That's all it takes for him to forget or ignore whatever sense of worry he had. As for me, my worry levels are raging, and I don't know how much longer I can pretend to be calm. I only have the softness of Derek's hands to comfort me.

Live in the moment Jasmine. But the moment's kind of distorted. Anyone looking at us would think we're just a couple of love struck teens out for the night to support some friends on their latest gig. When in reality, I'm fighting my feelings and praying for a clear answer.

Who knew high school crushes could get you so disoriented?

A/N Thx for them comments and votes and reads:P hope u like the chapter

^Jeremiah