Chapter 53

A/N Thank you to those that have stuck around this far and are still reading despite my inconsistent update schedule I appreciate it. This story is soon coming to an end and I'm so excited because it will be the first project I finish. I'm thinking there might be one or two more chapters left but most likely one so stick around!

"You look hot in the black one" Hailey says as she flips through one of my magazines while lying sideways on my bed.

"I like the white one" I counter holding up the bathing suit I tried on before this one.

"You only like the white one because it's one piece" Hailey argues with a smirk.

"What's wrong with that?"

"How are you supposed to lose your virginity when Derek can't even get to your bits?"

"AHHHHHHHHHHH HAILEY!" I throw the bathing suit her way and she laughs catching it.

"What?" she acts coy.

"I'm not trying to lose anything!"

"That's what I said until I met- "

"You better not say my brother" I tell her already scrunching my face in disgust. She pretends to zip her mouth.

"Wear the black one you'll look great and you'll feel great trust me" she says and goes back to reading the magazine.

I sigh and decide she's right. I leave it on and grab my short and blouse from the bed to go over my swimsuit.

"You sure you don't want to come with us?" I ask after already having asked her over and over since I asked her to come over. I had used the excuse of not knowing what to wear but I'm pretty sure she knew I just wanted to see her.

"And third wheel? As appealing as that sounds, I think I'll pass" she winks at me.

"Okay."

"You're gonna have fun and if you don't, I'll make sure to give Derek a piece of my mind" she says which has me jumping onto the bed and hugging her.

***

"This is as far as I'll go!"

"You're telling me I spent hours to teach you and you're only gonna wet your knees?"

"It's cold?" I lamely attempt.

"Jasmine I think you know what'll happen to you if you don't get in here with me." He smirks.

"What are you getting at?" I say moving backwards after I see him beginning to making his way closer to me.

"Hold your breath!" He yells as he picks me up swiftly and runs back into the water as I yell but laugh too.

"My eyes!"

"Close them!" He takes us both underwater but keep a tight grip on me.

We come back up and begin a game of chasing each other and back and forth. And what do you know. I'm swimming like I've done this all my life.

The sun had already set. Sadie's had started at six and we'd spent two hours eating and talking with some of the other people in our class. I'd even joined in on a volleyball game with Derek cheering me on but causing me to get distracted easily with his charm.

It was freezing but the event of course was not cancelled since the senior junior class was in charge of it. They didn't care if we woke up with hypothermia as long as tonight we partied.

Other students had started a bonfire that was looking really tempting right about now.

Do they got smores out there?