Chapter 15

A/N Thank you WI5H35 for your support and your friend for my cover:p

Derek stops by the front door and puts a hand on the wall to catch his breath. When he has, he starts walking to meet me in my frozen spot in the middle of the driveway. He probably thinks I'm a jerk for just leaving without saying goodbye, and more importantly ditching him for Jordan even if he doesn't know that little part.

I'd thought maybe he'd found some of his friends to hang out with after I left. But the fact that he came after me makes me feel so bad.

He combs his hair back with his fingers, and asks, "You leaving already?"

"Yah it's kind of late I should head home," I say turning fully towards him. He smiles, and stands at about three feet from me.

"Do you need a ride? I can get Jeremiah or Cam to lend me their car," he says hopeful. I tilt my head and look at him. He's got his hands in his pockets, and tilts his head back at me. Before I forget what he's just said to me, I will myself to speak.

"Actually my brother's going to pick me up, but thanks for offering."

"Oh, okay." I can hear the disappointment in his voice. Who knew taking me home could be such an exciting thing. A part of me wants to tell him to go ask for somebody's car and take me home, but I'm leading him on if I do that.

"Yah, I should actually call him right now so..." I lift up my phone up. He stays put though. I don't move either.

"Right, uh I can wait with you by the gates if you want?" His eyes are boring into mine, and I can't say no. That would be too cruel. I secretly want him to stay with me. Maybe that's even crueler.

"Sure," I reply.

He walks me until we stop outside the gates and where all the cars are lined up along the street. Derek looks out at the night as I start dialing Chris's number. He doesn't pick up so I dial again. I look down at my feet and wait for him to answer, but he doesn't.

"Something wrong?" Derek asks.

"Well..." I turn the screen of my phone off. "My brother's not answering his cell."

"My offer still stands?" His eyes brighten at my "terrible" news.

"You don't mind taking me home? I mean you should probably stay you know? The party's not over," I say because he shouldn't waste his time with me when he could be having fun at the party. And the walk wouldn't be that long. Bish, not in these shoes, and don't even think about walking barefoot. And in this weather? Hell to the NAH.

"It's kind of over...if you're not there," he says looking down and then, "I was actually hoping to spend time with you tonight." I must admit that was kind of brave to say. The guy has balls. Girl, you better stop right there.

Maybe I should've just said something like that to Jordan, rather than stick my tongue down his throat. Okay, there wasn't any tongue. But if Jade and Alyssa hadn't shown up who knows. I guess the energy of the night is really pushing us to be blunt about what we want.

I grin at that comment though. Truth is that I can't help myself. It makes me feel something. You got the feels? Yah, whatever that is. I got a case of it, and I don't know if to say that's a good or bad thing.

"Thanks, and I guess I do need a ride if it's really okay with you." My voice comes out strangely nervous.

He grins, "I'll be right back," and jogs back into the house. Leaving me underneath the dimly lit street, with the sound of the band still playing in the background. Either I'm getting accustomed to the loud music or the neighbors called the house to get them to lower the music. It's probably the former since it's likely the neighbors are at the party. I wouldn't be surprised.

I grab the bottom of the dress I'm wearing and sit on the edge of the street. I check my phone for any messages, but there aren't any. Hailey's probably thinks I'm gone by now. Or she hasn't thought about me at all. I can't blame her. She deserves a night off after having to work most of the time. And boys are always a good distraction. Maybe too much of a distraction.

"Ready to go?" Derek shows up in less than ten minutes. I don't know whose car we're taking but it really doesn't matter. What does matter is that it has a heater.

"You remember the way?"

"I took you home yesterday. It's still fresh in my mind," he gives me a quick glance, and I nod. Duh he knows the way! Strange how that was yesterday. It feels longer ago somehow.

He turns on the radio, and drums his fingers on the steering wheel. He smiles at me every once in a while, and my cheeks heat up again. I contemplate asking him to turn down the heat a little to make it more bearable. But I don't because suddenly my mouth feels dry. My voice will probably sound manly if I say something.

So I say nothing. I just sit there being my awkward self that can't believe the things that have happened in such a small amount of time. I'm not ashamed to admit that I had my first kiss tonight, because it was with Jordan. How amazing is that? I won't be another teenage girl that goes down in history as another unsuccessful crush kisser. I got what I wanted. Now I just need Jordan to kiss me like that... for the rest of my life. Obviously I couldn't have been that bad at it if he responded.

"So where'd my sister take you?" Crap. He wants to know where I was. I don't really have to tell him. I mean how horrible would it be to tell him, "She took me over to Jordan so I could seduce the life out of him which I tried to do by snogging him in the middle of a crowd while your sister tried to stop Alyssa from interrupting us?" Horrible, just horrible. Now that I think about it, somebody must have seen us. Alyssa probably told some of the other cheerleaders to keep their eye on Jordan. Maybe she will find out about this. She'll find out eventually. It's inevitable if this whole thing actually happens.

"She wanted me to meet one of her friends." Liar. Am not!

"I didn't know you guys were friends." Oh me and Jade? Yah, of course! We're totally BFFS. NOT.

Derek help me! She's holding me against my will! As if you're suffering Jasmine.

"Not until recently." Try not at all. I'm just part of her evil scheme.

"I see."

But actually he doesn't. He doesn't really know what's going on. He's the innocent one, and I can't help but feel I've taken advantage of his kind heart. He hasn't done anything wrong, I have. By letting him take me home, and treating me like I deserve his niceness.