Chapter 28

"Bye Jasmine!"

"Have a great break Jasmine!"

"Cute scarf! I hope I get one for Christmas! We can be so matchy matchy!"

I pass through the halls waving and smiling at people I've gotten to know through Jade and Jordan. A lot of them are in my classes, so I don't feel so isolated anymore. Of course I still refuse to eat lunch with them. That's time for me and Hailey to catch up on the new inside look I have of the popular circle's drama. I actually know who's with who, and what some of them really think about each other.

No, I haven't become super close with all of them, but there's a couple of people I actually like talking to. It's too bad we started getting to know each other too late.

Even Alyssa doesn't seem too bad, except for the fact that I have the feeling she's still trying to get at Jordan. Which is expected.

We're not officially together like Hailey and Cole are, but I think I've made good progress. Jade agrees.

She said the night I kissed Jordan was an epic move on my part. A bystander had let her know the details, and ever since then she's been making sure it's known around school that Jordan has a new girl. Kind of.

I got to keep the black dress. Turns out Jade overheard one of her guy friends spill on how Jordan thought I looked hot in it. So score for me.

Besides that, we've also went on to do some successful shopping. To tell you the truth I'm actually liking my new look, and improved makeup skills. Thank you Youtube.

Despite relentless pushing, I still don't know the reasons Jade insists on making my hopefully soon relationship happen. The answer is still a mystery, but maybe that's not such a bad thing. What matters is that I'm living this. High school is finally going great.

Well...almost.

There's always a "but."

I shouldn't even be bringing it up, but I can't act like nothing ever happened.

Derek still goes to this school, he's still in my grade, he's still... in my head.

Of course, we don't ignore each other. That would just make it super awkward every time we saw each other. We say "hi" and "bye", and when I'm at Jade's I make sure it's while he's not here.

Jordan has begged me to come support him at a game, but I just don't feel right about going. Derek would probably not appreciate it. Watching the girl that cut him off would probably be bad luck.

At some point I know I'll have to go, but for the moment I'm not planning to.

Winter break has just started, and all I want to do is prep with Jade for our double date tonight. Yes, you heard right. Ms. Jasmine is going double datin'.

This might be the only going out me and Jordan do over the short vacation. He has extreme football practice this first week of break to make up for being gone the second week. He's traveling to Arizona to see his mom's family for New Year's. Then he has a game right when he comes back.

We've only gone out two times, but it's still a lot of time together when he's by my side all but at lunch hour.

He's kissed me a couple times, too.

Correction: Sucking face.

Ewww!

No, they've been innocent little kisses.

With his hand up your shirt.

That was once!

You still a hoe.

I roll my eyes.

But I don't mind him going slow.

Ahem, the touchy under the shirty?

Whatever. As I was saying.

I'm thankful for his gentleness, because honestly I think my magical skills I used the first time have dried out.

Ask Jordan to teach you his ways.

Nope. Not happening. Don't need him knowing I'm an amateur at the kissing game.

Once I pick up tonight's outfit from Jade's, I go home to shower. I finally have the house to myself, since Chris got hired...at another KFC. I told him not to hit on any of the girl's this time, but he told me not to worry. According to him the most attractive thing there was the gravy.

I just told him not to pull any American Pie (P.S. don't watch that movie kiddies) shit.

He said no promises.

*Shivers.

I slip on the denim skinny jeans, brown heeled boots, purple scarf, white long sleeve, and brown jacket.

For my face, I apply mascara and gloss. I could try eyeliner, but last time my eyes were sore from trying over and over to get the sharpest little edge.

There's zits forming in the corners of my forehead, so I brush my bangs over it.

Not bad.

We're going to an ice skating rink. Appropriate for this time of year of course.

Then we're going out to eat. My stomach rumbles at the thought.

I point at it, "Shhh! Pull yourself together! Don't embarrass me tonight!"

It quiets down from the scolding.

"There, that's better," I smile proudly at the mirror.

"You've got this Jasmine. He's yours."

I turn the lamp off, and walk out my bedroom.

Spongebob trying to figure out how Jasmine could have let Derek the hottie go.