Chapter 42

I am currently being introduced to a hundred different people whose names don't last longer than a minute in my bad memory. But what matters is that Derek is the one who is introducing me. Derek.

That is the only name that matters.

Jeremiah is nowhere to be seen but his party is at this club kind of place. There aren't people grinding and making out yet, but it's still too early for that to happen possibly.

I decided on wearing a fitting dark red dress paired with a denim jacket. It's not Jade fashion worthy, but I'm pretty proud of my attempt.

Speaking of Jade, I hope she's not here. Sure, she isn't everywhere that her brother is, but they share some of the same friends so it's not a far-fetched possibility.

If she caught me here with her brother she would-

What? What would she do Jasmine?

My mind goes back to that encounter we had weeks ago.

Flashback

"I want REVENGE on Alyssa Hights," she says sharply. This statement doesn't clear anything up for me. Instead, I'm more confused than I was a second ago. I mean as far as anyone knows, Alyssa and Jade are besties or whatever.

"Why would you want- "I begin to ask, but she cuts me off again.

"That bitch needs to be taught a lesson. I want payback, and I happen to know you like Jordan. So," She starts to walk around me with her eyes stuck to mine in a determined manner, "if you want a chance with him it's in your best interest to do what I say." She gives me an intimidating smile.

I look at her like she's crazy, which come on she kind of sounds like it right now.

"And if I don't help you?" I cross my arms over my chest in hopes of looking at least as half as tough as her.

"Well, let's just say I'll make sure no one ever looks at you again."

End of flashback

Well that ain't THAT bad.

It's not like I had people at my feet and boys at my sides before this whole thing started, and I still really don't. It was just momentary with Jordan. So over all it's not likely Jade can ruin me. And I don't know I think in the short time period I've gotten to know her, she might have taken a liking to me?

Not likely Jasmine. Bitches like her are un-trustable.

I was her own little Barbie, minus the blonde hair, blue eyes, tiny waist, and well actually there's not much I have in common with a Barbie except getting makeovers by crazy chicks.

And I did most of my job right? I took away Jordan from Alyssa as long as I could, and I got my chance at dating a hot high school guy. It wasn't for long, but I made it work while I could, didn't I? I did what Jade wanted. Plus, she never told me for how long.

And don't think I've forgotten that she STILL hasn't told me WHY she would want revenge on her supposedly best friend.

Girls can be petty. Best friends can go at it at times, but the core of the problem? I don't know. Some dumb cliché where there can only be one queen bee and that just has to be Jade in her eyes? Or is it something more serious?

I'll figure it out. Me and Jordan might be over, but we wouldn't have even been a thing if it weren't for the battle going on between the vultures at the top of the high school food chain.

For now, I'm just going to wait it out, and finally have some authentic fun. I'm hanging out with someone I actually like. None of the mostly fake people in Jade's crowd. Just Me and Derek surrounded by faces that are new to me, but still in a way it's just me and Derek.

I'll be starting the new year with him.

I can take a break from worrying about Hailey. It's a stressful topic, but I know she'd want me having the time of my life.

As much as I'd want to bring her here to relish in the music that I know she'd appreciate way more, she needs to rest. But I know I'll get to see her soon. She's a fighter, she has to be.

As for Cole, well let's not even start.

It's just me and Derek.

"So?"

"Huh?" Oops, Derek said something.

Damn it Jasmine! Pay attention!

"You hungry?" He scrunches his eyebrows together, but his eyes translate his lightness.

"Not really." I shake my head a little, trying to keep my breathing leveled because DAYUM those eyes.

Cue the whale sound that says otherwise and-

"I think your lying to me."

"I ate at home." This is true. But my fast ass just has to be hungry again.

"I'm sure you have more room in there," he teases and playfully pokes my side.

JESUS HE TOUCHED ME.

Don't freak out you prude!

I am not a prude!!!

Oh that's right, forgot about those times Jordan would touch-

GAHHH! Jordan does not exist right now!

"So do you want wings or nachos? There's not a lot of options but we can blame Jeremiah for that," he winks as he hands me a plate.

I grab the plate and don't leave un noticed the way his fingers grazed mine.

Okay so wings or nachos. Both very tasteful yet dangerous options. Awesome choices for me when I'm at home in some old clothes, not caring if I get any on me. Not awesome if I'm trying to look cute in front of Derek. There's no way I can pass after the betrayal of my stomach rumbling, so this is life or death. Mostly death.

What's harder to get out? Cheese stains or that spicy red sauce that those wings seem to be calling me with?

Who am I kidding? My fate lies within those wings!

Juicy, glossy, red orange, wings sent by the gods that created all that is holy in-

Holy cheezits. I'm a food addict.

"Wings," I say without second thought.

Dummy!

But they're so delicious!

You better not do that thing where you eat two at a time!

Party pooper.

Let's see if Derek still thinks you're cute when you got that nasty sauce all over yoself mm.

I'll do whatever I want!

"Good choice," he says and starts placing some on my plate with the tonsils placed by the platter.

Bad choice.

"You wanna see who can eat the most of these?" He says biting into one of the wings on his plate.

"You're on."

Ahh and that was the beginning of the great Wing War that would claim one of us as its champion.