Chapter 40

A/N Oh cheezits!! It's almost 2017??????

I want to kiss him. I want to kiss him so so so bad.

Oh Cheezits what am I going to do?

Nope nope nope.

I'm not going to do it.

There's no way I could do it without this getting more complicated than it is.

Girl please how would this complicate anything? You broke up with Jordan!!!!!!

It doesn't matter.

Making a move on Derek would be like making him some sort of rebound or something!

Or it could end up making him feel like he's my second choice!!!

He would think of me as more of a jerk than he probably already does!!!

Dear, dear Jasmine and why exactly did you break up with Jordan?? Hmm?

Well,um....

Spit it out!!!

Because Derek is the one I like damn it!

Was that so hard?

Okay, but what if he doesn't let me? What if he turns away?

Jasmine you guys almost kissed at the hospital, your chances of him rejecting you seem pretty slim.

Okay but-

Wait now I'm having a full-on conversation with myself-

Ahem, argument.

Discussion!

Anyways this has to stop I'm driving myself more and more crazy by the minute. I thought the talking to myself had stopped and that's how it's going to stay.

Back to what's on my mind.

Surprisingly no one was home yet. Shocker.

It was extremely late to be out. Well at least I'd never come home near dawn, but blame it on the holiday traffic I guess.

Yet I could hear both of our stomachs grumbling during the car ride, so I invited Derek for something to eat once we reached my house.

At first he was reluctant, saying he didn't want me to worry and that he could just have something at home.

But when his stomach rumbled right after his rush of words it was enough to get him to stay.

So now here we are waiting for our sausage and pepperoni pizza to arrive, because he wouldn't let me "go through the trouble" of making something even though all I'd realistically be able to offer would be like a sandwich.Oops. But I really didn't want him to go hungry any longer.

We're waiting on the couch. We're dangerously close. His arm just has to drop a little to be considered holding me. I can't get enough of his cologne, his radiating heat, his pouting lips, his soft looking hair that's begging to be pulled while we-

WOAH

Nope nope no kissing. Absolutely NOT.

How can I be thinking about this at a time like this?!

Someone needs to tie my arms so I can't even try to-

How kinky Jasmine, who knew you-

SHUT UP!!

That pizza needs to get here ASAP before something happens.

UGHHHHH.

How'd we end up on the same couch?

That should have been the moment for me to move and avoid this whole feelings situation.

But if I move now, then I'll be a wimp.

If I don't, maybe I still will be. It shouldn't be this hard to just go for it. I mean that's exactly what I did with Jordan, and that went fine while it lasted. And if Derek was almost going to kiss me back at the hospital, then why not just resume that little moment?

Okay, so maybe it's not the actual kiss that's worrying me, but the fact that we've never kissed EVER. (A/N Right? Like what am I doing? This is the 40th chapter and still NO KISS?!Or is there?;p)

So many almosts, yet nothing.

Okay inner voice, help me. What's next for me?

Kiss him stupid.

I shift a little to where I can see the right side of his face. His view is focused on an episode of the Pawn Stars marathon playing. It was either that or the news channels. Nothing else seemed interesting, not that I was paying attention either way. He hasn't exactly made any moves himself since we've gotten here, which has me debating this too. But hey I got to get over this overthinking, it's not going to get me anywhere.

Wish me luck.

I scoot slowly to where our thighs are brushing against each other. This causes his arm to finally drop, and I sense his fingers reaching for my waist. His eyes don't leave the t.v. but I can see him staring to blink more than necessary. Sounds weird but it's kind of adorable. Like he knows what's coming.

I exhale, silently and snake my hand around the back of his neck. This is when he finally meets my eyes, and he wraps his arm around me. He shifts sideways to face me, and his lips part a fraction. He glances down at mine, and that's all the assurance I need to lean forward and-

KNOCK KNOCK.

... ... .... .... ...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH #&* #((*$IUO G@YUKH@P$UOINLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

Why does it feel like this is never going to happen?

There's more knocks.

I jump off the couch, grab the money from the table, yank the door open, realize embarrassingly that it's locked, unlock it, open it, and throw the money at the pizza man for-

CHRIS.

"Hey baby sister, missed me?" He bends down, picks up the twenty that landed on the concrete and walks right past me.

I turn wide eyed at his presence.

"Oh hey," my asshole brother plops down right in my spot! Well with more distance between him and ehem Derek who is currently turning red, adorably of course.

Perhaps even more red than I was that one time he walked out of the shower with nothing but a towel around his lean waist. Phew the memories.

"I remember you...Oh wait did I just interrupt something?" He gives me a mock apology face and relaxes into the couch with his arms behind his head.

"Yah you did." This comes from Derek out of nowhere, which cause both me and Chris to stare at him.

"Pizza delivery!" I turn to the still open door and look at the guy holding out our pizza.

Wow great timing.

"Pay him Jasmine," I glare back at Chris and roll my eyes.

Mark your calendars people. You are all invited to the funeral of the very not beloved and the certainly will not be missed, Christopher James Thomas.