Chapter 6

A/N Hey Guys! Please show some love by voting! I appreciate it a lot :)) (Double chinning of happiness)

I find myself in a state of panic, and I only have a second to react. So, I let go of the door and wait for him to pull it open. I see through the glass doors that he's on his phone, so there's a chance he hasn't seen me yet.

This gives me a chance to duck behind the rack of newspapers stationed right beside the door. It doesn't completely cover me, but since he's distracted it's a better hiding spot than any.

I lean against the wall trying to make myself disappear a little more. When the door finally opens completely, and Jordan enters, I swear I get a whiff of his cologne. The AC allows it to travel up my nostrils, and into my heart.

Jordan makes his way over to Derek, who puts his phone away. They do that weird pat and hand shake guys do when they see each other. Bro Code Greeting I guess?

Jordan slips his phone to his back pocket, too. I guess he's who Derek was texting when I was making my exit. Which I should probably do right this moment.

Dusting myself off, I push the door open, and leave the building. Taking one last glance at Jordan, I find that he's animatedly telling Derek something. I hope that Jade can work some magic, and get him to talk to me like that.

The weather outside is chilly, and the wind causes a couple of leaves to fall to the ground. I zip up my windbreaker, because the last thing I need is a cold. I doubt Jordan finds girls with uncontrollable coughs and snot all over their faces attractive. Not today Satan, not today.

Making my way to the student parking lot, I come to a stop when I see Jordan's shiny black car. Yeah, I have seen it before, but that's not what makes me stop in my tracks. The honor of my surprise is due to the cheerleader sitting in the passenger seat.

I'm losing him. I can't allow Alyssa to take him away from me. She already has almost everything; why can't she spare him?!

At that very moment, my phone starts to vibrate. When I fish it out of my pocket, I see an unknown number, but know very well it has to be Jade. It says, Hey its Jade, here's my address___. Meet my right after school on Friday. P.S. If you tell anyone, I'll slaughter you.  

Woah, graphic much?

I walk past Jordan's car, where I get a view of Alyssa applying blush as she looks at her glowing (That's right, the girl actually GLOWS) reflection in the bedazzled compact mirror in her hand. She doesn't even flinch when I near the car. She doesn't even look my way. Not that it really matters to me, but still, any curious person would turn to look.

My small beige Chevy is parked under a tree two rows away. When I get into the driver seat, two figures emerge from the library, Jordan and Derek. They're still deep in conversation, and pause in the spot I was in when I saw Alyssa. The passenger window rolls down, and I can clearly hear Alyssa whine, "Come on Jordannn. I'm going to be late for my hair appointment."

He looks over at her surprised at her demand, and then all is forgiven when she says, "Please," in a sickly sweet tone. I can tell because his expression changes into a smile. Derek, on the other hand, rolls his eyes That's a first. I've never seen anyone form the popular circle ever not fawn over Alyssa. Today's making history.

The guys pile into the car, and I pull out of the parking space, heading home.

***

At a red light a car pulls up beside me. Some rap song is playing, and someone's familiar voice is giggling. With my luck, I can guess who it is. I ignore the squeals and giggles until the light changes. Jordan's car dashes by, but not before I catch Derek staring back at me.

His window was halfway down, and he was sitting in the back seat. I'd tell you it was kind of creepy, but he looked...cute, almost. I mean, Derek is cute, any girl would say so.

He's got these like light brown or hazel eyes, and he's not that tall, but he's still muscly. And he's actually smart, okay so he couldn't figure out the printer. Still, sometimes we need a little help. I won't hold it against him.

But, Jordan's the one I want.

Right?

A/N Hey Guys! Please show some love by voting! I appreciate it a lot :)) (Double chinning of happiness)