Chapter 25

After leaving my car in the student parking lot, I walk up the hill that takes me to the side of the school. I make sure to take my sick note to the office, so they don't spend the rest of the week calling my house for my absence yesterday.

The hallways are slippery and muddy from the grime the rain has left. It's still sprinkling, and cold so my head is covered by my hood. Other than a couple of coughs this morning, I know I'll be able to tackle my return to school. Not happily, but it's not the time to die from a cold.

To my surprise, anybody's really, Jordan is sitting on a bench opposite of the building where my first period is located.

There's something telling me to turn around, and something else drawing me in.

"Hey," I say, and he looks up from his phone.

"Hey baby," he grins pulling on my hand for me to sit down. But not by him, but on his lap.

Baby? Again? Lap? Sit? Him? Jordan? ME IN LAP OF JORDAN?

I swallow nervously, but my hands wind around his next against better judgement.

His hands wrap around my waist, and I can't help but compare it to Derek's hold.

It's different. A good different. A kind of accomplished feeling washes over me. Because here I am in the presence of a boy I've forever wanted.

He's searching my eyes for the very first time really.

But I've already memorized his. The light brown of his eyes. The slope of his nose. The thin lips that are better than I ever imagined to be. The broadness of his shoulders, and his perfect height.

"You're so pretty," he says huskily with his hand coming up to trace my check with the pad of his thumb. It feels smooth, but I can't help if wonder if he's had Alyssa like this before.

More unsettling is if to ask if she could possibly be watching us.

"What's wrong?" The hand Jordan still has on my waist rubs my back soothingly that it makes me almost forget Alyssa. Almost.

"Nothing," I shake my head.

"Okay." He goes back to the face tracing and back rubbing.

Wait? No "Are you sure"? No "You can tell me anything"? No "Really tell me what's bugging you"?

Aren't guys supposed to do that? Get us to spill our guts even when we say nothing is wrong, even though something obviously is?

Maybe expecting him to ask me those things is expecting too much.

And the touching isn't? Come one Jasmine get your life straight!

He talks to me about how scouts will be coming to the next couple of games to check him out for university teams. But how he's already got his heart settled for some really prestigious school I can't remember the name of. It's probably a really great school, but too expensive for me to ever need to know for my benefit.

This goes on until the bell rings and he kiss my forehead before heading in another direction.

I'm starting to think he has a forehead fetish. Or it could just be that it's the closest thing he can kiss due to his towering figure.

During class, it is evident that people saw me with Jordan. No one has ever paid me this much attention, and I can just see the girls around me are itching to ask me about it.

One girl even has the audacity to compliment my new bangs when she's never even whispered a word to me since the school year started.

Or she's just being nice?

Nope, I reject that possibility.

As soon as class is over, I rush out with my belongings.

But I can't outwalk everyone. Specifically, one person, Jordan.

He tugs my hood snuggly over my cold head, and walks me to our second period.

Then to third, and fourth, and fifth, and sixth.

I can't help but notice that Derek is kind of ignoring me when I walk into second with Jordan chatting away.

He doesn't try to approach me at all throughout the day either.

Not that he can with Jordan beside me every chance he gets. I listen to him attentively, and say things like "oh." and "cool" whenever necessary. I don't mind, but Jordan talks as much as a gossip girl does.

Alyssa is another story. She constantly looks back at me. She doesn't say anything to me, and I feel like I'm being silently judged. She probably doesn't get what Jordan could be doing with me.

Could he be using me to make her jealous?

Woah.

No, he's putting too much effort into this if that's what his intentions are.

It's nerve racking to be having questions like these, but I need to ask them.

If I'm being used it would really suck. Like suck to the point where I wouldn't be able to like another guy for a decade or something. I'd be too damaged and sensitive to function. My heart would remain dormant for the rest of eternity!!!

Drama queen.

Jordan could be playing me. But in a way I'm also playing him by going along with Jade's still mysterious plan. He unknowingly involved in a revenge scheme.

Does that make us even in some way?

Shit. The feels.

At lunch, Jordan even tries convincing me to come eat at his table. Where both Derek and Alyssa are likely to be found. Which is not safe territory for me. So that is the only moment we take a break from each other.

Luckily, Hailey is there for me. I still refrain from getting answers that would betray Cole's trust.

But I do want answers from Jade if I'm going to continue providing my being for what she wants.

A/N someone call a luv doctor!