Chapter 38

A/N Thank you to those of you who are STILL reading and helping my story!

He can't resist me?

ME?

MEEEEEEhhhhhhh!!!!!

&#%%$&^*@*@)(@@{_

After everything.

Cheeky bastard.

Okay so I know my friend is terribly ill and I'm probably looking nasty as hell from all the sobbing, BUT this boy has just said something that makes my heart want to burst from this feeling of happiness attacking me.

And he's smiling at me.

With that hot face of his, and he has this look on too.

I think I'm forgiven.

Like for real. Not the type of forgiven that only makes the person that did the wrong feel better, but the type where both people are finally on the same page. Where both can really say they're fine.

I haven't seen that stare in too long of a length of time. And I hate to say it because of the circumstances, but if it weren't for what happened to Hailey I wouldn't have had the balls to call him. I really own her one.

"You okay?"

I blink.

You're just staring at him like a weirdo Jasmine. Pull yourself together.

Because he's beautiful.

Go ahead and tell me guys can't be beautiful, but handsome isn't strong enough a word for what he is.

"Oh yah...just umm..."

"Ummm?" He's teasing me. I know he is. That smirky turn of lips confirms that for me.

"Just breathing haha.." I'm so awkward I swear.

"You having trouble?"

How'd he know?

"No thank you very much." I tilt my head up to give him a glare but at this height it's a joke.

"You sure? I could teach you?"

Ooooh Jazzie likey where this is going.

Shut up!

"Oh really and how is that?"

"Let me show you."

Rawrrrrr.

Shhhhh!!!!

He's leaning in!!

Oh cheezits!!!!!!

Damn what do I do?!

What? You didn't learn what kissing was when you were out doing it so much with ehem Jordan?

Okay but this isn't the same thing.

I haven't kissed him EVER.

This would be the first time and he's probably never going to want to do it again once he touches my cold face and runny nose and-

Gahhhhh!!!!!!!!

Jasmine for once in your life SHUT THE HELL UP AND LET IT HAPPEN!!!!!!

......

Okies.

I can do this it's not that hard, I know how to do this.

Breathe.

Inhale. Exhale. And umm what's after that?

He thinks this is a smooth way of teaching me how to "breathe" but I'm freaking HYPERVENTILATING.

Four inches left.

Three inches.

Two.

And...

"Ms.Thomas?"

....

FU*&^%$#@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*

"What!?"

The nurse looks taken back when I turn to face her with my wild eyes and hormonal self. But come on! She just interrupted us!

A chuckle sounds from behind me and out of instinct I wack Derek on the arm and he looks genuinely surprised.

Then raises his eyebrows!

He really does think himself irresistible -_-

"Sorry uhm."

"Your friends awake and we've been able to stabilize her- "

"Can I see her?"

The nurse holds her clipboard tightly next to her, and nods her head which makes her brown bob move. She looks maybe around her thirties, and has under eyes bags that remind me of how I last saw Hailey.

Poor Hailey. Broken. I can't imagine what she's been going through. If I'm being honest I don't think I want to know.

"For a couple of minutes, but then we'll have to settle her in for the night."

"That's fine," I let out wanting desperately for her to take me to the room Hailey's at.

I look to Derek and he's right beside me in an instant as the nurse leads us down the hallway.

It's mostly quiet with just a cough or a clearing of the throat here and there.

"One person at a time please."

She opens the door. Derek gives me an encouraging squeeze to my hand, and I walk in praying for strength.

 Derek gives me an encouraging squeeze to my hand, and I walk in praying for strength