18

The next morning Niall felt fingers combing through his hair and voices talking beside him. He doesn't catch the words being said but is not bothered as the fingers feel good on him. A smile stretches across his lips as the movement doesn't stop and calms him more. He turns lightly to his right folding his arms in front of him and frowns as the movement stops . His lips curve back again when the movement resumes just like he wanted.

There are voices around him but he doesn't focus on them as he nuzzles against the sheet only to be reminded of last night. He takes him second to sit straight up as everything comes to him the party , the ride back and Harry sleeping beside him .Niall bolts upright eyes wide open , he is about to excuse himself but stops when he sees Liam in front of him .

And before he can ask what is he doing here ? Or where is he Liam pounces on him engulfing him into his arms murmuring 'sorry's' and nonsense repeatedly. His eyes meet Harry's standing lazily against the door and he knows exactly where he is and why Liam is at his place hugging him as if his life dependent on it .

He pats Liam's back and roams his hand soothing it. He pulls out of the hug as he hears crying.

"Liam what are you .." He whips the tears falling in his cheek " no tears okay "

"I shouldn't have drunk . I should have been their with you , I am so sorry Ni .If - if anything would have happ-" Niall shakes his head cutting him "nothing would have happened to me .Sty-Harry came their on time and it is not your fault okay ?"because yes , it is not his fault , it is not because Liam is not his babysitter or caretaker , he is not Liam's responsibility and Niall wants to shout at him , wants to yell and tell him he is not his baby but he knows Liam , the kind of person he is .He is lovely , caring and deeply understanding . He cares for his friends as if he is their mother and that what makes him Liam .

As expected Liam shakes his head not listening to Niall and starts crying more "No ,Ni-Niall , you were new to that place.And I went with Zayn and we had lots to drink . I forgot , How can I forget you ?! I am the worst best friend ever !"

Niall looked around them to see everyone has already left giving them space although he doesn't know exactly how many people were in their room .But he is sure they were all worried.

He laughs pushing himself closer to Liam and taking his hands in his .He whipped away the new batch of tears chuckling "Shh...It is not your fault. I didn't know the guy was ...crazy and I am alright okay .J-just shaken up .But it is not your fault,you were enjoying and having fun time with your boyfriend and things- they happen okay .Don't beat yourself up '"

"But-"

"No. anyways, Harry got him quite good .You should have seen his face "Niall tries to make the ugliest pained face and Liam burst out laughing "I know .He told me "

Niall bats his eyes "And if you are still feeling sorry , than cook me food as a payback "

Liam nods laughing as he squeezes Niall's hand because Liam knows Niall like no one does , he knows his best friend quite a well to know that behind all that smiles and jokes he is shaken up and not okay .But he knows Niall and the fact that he can be stubborn , will never show weakness therefore he doesn't push

"Okay Ni .Lets make you some bread and bacon with some orange juice ya ??"

Niall swirls his tongue on his lips nodding as he adds "And corn-cheese ,pretty please ?" Liam nods and Niall stretched up a little planting a soft kiss on his friend's cheek before cheering loudly "You are the best "

Liam pinches his cheek making Niall swat at he hands as he gets up .

"Go get ready everybody is waiting on you "