Chapter 49- Sweatshirt

Amanda's POV

Louis and I continued walking through the park until we reached the small duck pond near the playground. He smiled at me as he took my hand and led me towards the bench near the pond and sat down next to me. We sat there on the bench quietly just sort of staring at the pond for awhile. The silence wasn't awkward, it was just sort of a nice quiet. I leaned back against the bench as I looked at the pond and I was a bit surprised because instead of feeling the hard bench behind me I felt Louis' arm. I instantly leaned forward again pretending like I never leaned back but Louis noticed because he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me into him making me lean backwards. My head was leaning against his shoulder as he kept his arm wrapped around my shoulders. He ran his fingers up and down my arm lightly giving me goosebumps. I turned to look up at him as he kissed the top of my head. He looked down at me smiling as I looked up at him smiling.

"Louis?" I mumbled.

"What is it love?" He asked.

"Can we go to my house? I want to get something." I asked.

"What do you need?" He asked.

"I just wanted to grab my sweatshirt, I am kind of cold." I replied.

"I can give you one of mine." He said.

"I know but I want my own sweatshirt, I don't remember where I got it but it is so comfortable and I just love it so can we go get it, please?" I asked.

"Yeah, lets go." He said.

We both stood up and he offered me his hand which I gladly took as we began walking down the street. Louis didn't know where to go because he didn't know where my house was so I had to lead him down the sidewalks. We continued walking for awhile considering my house was pretty far away from the park, it was on the other side of town. We finally took one last turn where at the end of the street sat my house.

Once we reached my house I unlocked the front door with the key I kept underneath the front door mat and pushed the door open. Louis followed me inside, glancing around as I ran up the stairs to my bedroom. I pulled my bedroom door open and walked inside, Louis following a few steps behind me.

"You're room is so clean and organized!" He said glancing around my room.

"I don't like messy rooms." I said with a smile tugging at my lips.

I looked around my room for my jacket but I couldn't find it. I sighed quietly and thought for a moment before I walked out of my room and jogged down the hallway towards the closet.

"Does someone live with you?" Louis asked causing me to stop and turn to look at him.

"Why would you ask that?" I asked.

He simply pointed to a room he was looking at. I walked towards him and looked into the room where the door was pushed halfway open. "That's my brothers room."

"You have a brother? How come I have never met him?" He asked.

"Because he is dead." I said quietly.

I suddenly felt his arms wrap around me in a hug as he asked me what had happened.

"His name was Bradley but I called him Brad. He was one of my best friends growing up. We spent a lot of time together even though we were eight years apart. Our parents weren't the best, lets just say they weren't people I would ever be proud to call my family. Brad hated them and he knew I hated them too so as soon as he turned eighteen he bought this house and he had me move in with him so I didn't have to spend anymore time with my parents. A few years went by and on the night of my fifteenth birthday he decided to take me somewhere special. We were driving along the road and it was really dark. It had snowed that day so the roads were slippery and some people were driving pretty recklessly. Someone was driving down the road when we crossed the intersection and they were too busy talking to somebody in the backseat so they didn't see my brother and they hit the side of the car. He didn't die instantly, he slowly bled out as I cried into his chest. He was the only one who died in the accident. The three people in the other car escaped the accident with barely a single scatch on them and I had gotten a concussion from hitting my head on the window. Considering I was only fifteen I couldn't live on my own so I had to find someone who could live with me which didn't take long because I just had my cousin live with me, she was going to collage around here anyways so she just needed a place to stay for a little while. She left when I was eighteen and I just never wanted to change Brad's room I guess." I said.

Louis removed his arms from around me and looked down at me but I just smiled up at him. He gave me a weird look as if I shouldn't be smiling right now which was true because I had just told him how my brother died.

"The pain doesn't go away, you just learn to deal with it and learning to deal with the pain is so much easier when you are surrounded by friends that love you." I said.

Louis smiled down at me before he said, "why don't you go get your jacket and we'll go out to eat."

I simply nodded and walked to the closet at the end of the hallway to get my jacket. I pulled it open and grabbed my sweatshirt which was hanging up before I slipped it on. The sweatshirt was grey and really big on me, it actually reached half way down my thighs and the sleeves were really long as well.

"Come here." Louis said hesitantly.

I was a bit worried all of a sudden when he said that so I slowly made my way over to him. He grabbed the sleeve of the right arm and rolled it up a little bit. Written in black sharpie was the name 'Tomlinson'.

"Tomlinson? That name sounds familiar." I said trying to figure out where I've heard that before.

"Tomlinson is my last name." Louis said.

I looked down at the sweatshirt, looked up at him, looked down at the sweatshirt again before I looked back up at him. "Well Louis Tomlinson, your sweatshirt is very comfortable." I said smiling up at him.

I wrapped my arms around myself as I rocked back and forth on my heels, a smiling tugging at my lips as I looked into his eyes.

"Well Amanda, you look really cute in my sweatshirt." He said before he literally swept me off his feet and carried me downstairs before he plopped down on the couch setting me on his lap.

----------------------------------------------

This is just a random story about my mom and I when she was bringing me home from basketball practice but I thought it was funny so I figured I'd tell you guys about it

My mom and I were singing Frosty The Snowman (don't ask why haha) and instead of saying two eyes made out of coal she said two eyes made out of snow and so then she tried to explain it to me. She said his eyes were made out of snow and then he was bad and Santa gave him coal for Christmas so he put them in his eyes and said "Woah! I can see!" And then we were singing Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer (once again don't ask why haha) and she sang you know Dasher and Donker instead of Dancer and she said Donker was Donner's retarded brother so they said "oh Donker" and that's how he got his name. My mom is one of a kind haha.