Chapter 39- Leave Her Alone

LOUIS' POV

I was walking through the park hand-in-hand with Eleanor. She was telling me some story about a kid who chased her out of the park by pretending to be a dog. It had to be one of the strangest stories I've ever heard.

"The boy had to be around eight years old. I was walking past him when he spun around and glared at me. I kind of just ignored him and continued walking but that was when he got down on his hands and knees. He began crawling behind me and fake growling, I'm not going to lie, the kid scared me. The longer I ignored him the more angry he got. He tried to bite my leg so I ended up kicking dirt at him by accident. He then began barking at me and that's when I began running. He chased after me and-" she said.

I stopped listening to the story when a familiar laugh sounded nearby. The laugh was so familiar but I couldn't figure out who's laugh it was, I knew I've heard the laugh before though.

"What's wrong babe?" Eleanor asked. 

"Nothing, I'm just thinking," I replied. 

"About Amanda?" she asked. 

"No, something else," I mumbled.

She just nodded and continued telling her story. I scanned the park when my eyes landed on four people not too far away. Three boys and one girl. They were playing basketball, or at least attempting to. I recognized the three boys as Harry, Niall, and Josh but I couldn't figure out who the girl was. The girl was on Niall's back trying to get the ball out of his hands while she was laughing. Niall was holding one of her legs so she wouldn't fall while he used the other hand to dribble the basketball towards one of the hoops. The girl ended up getting the basketball from him. She set it on the ground before she stood on it so she was now face-to-face with Niall. Niall smiled, wrapping his arms around her waist as she wrapped her arms around his neck. He took his Chicago Bulls snapback off and put it on her head backwards. He leaned in, pressing a kiss to her lips. The girl immediately kissed back. I couldn't believe how familiar the girl looked.

"Come on lovebugs we're leaving," Harry chuckled. The two just ignored him and continued kissing.  

"Come on Amanda! Amanda and Niall, we're going to get ice cream,lets go!" Josh said, a small smirk tugging at his lips.

The two broke apart, a smile on both of their faces. When the girl stepped off the basketball she looked at me. Her eyes lingered on me before she looked at Niall as he took her hand. He looked at me to see what she was looking at and his smile fell. He turned back around and began walking away with Amanda. My Amanda.

"El, tha-that's Amanda," I said with wide eyes pointing to the girl.  

"Louis, are you sure?" Eleanor asked. 

"I'm sure El! That's her!" I replied, practically screaming. "Come on! I've got to go talk to her!" 

"No, she has a boyfriend, you have me, you're both happy, just leave it alone," she said. 

"No El! I haven't seen her in over a year, I need to talk to her," I said through clenched teeth. "If you're not going I come with me, I'll go alone." 

"Louis, please, I love you. You don't have to chase after her, please Lou," she begged.  

"Eleanor, I have to see her, let me at least talk to her," I said.

I let go of her hand and jogged off in the direction that Amanda went. When I finally caught up to them they were walking into an ice cream shop. Niall was holding Amanda's hand as they walked through the door. He glanced behind him before he mumbled something to Amanda and she nodded before she walked inside with Harry and Josh. Niall walked up to me and sighed.

"Look Louis, I don't want you even near Amanda. She doesn't need you anymore, she has Harry, Josh, and I. She doesn't even remember you, okay. She lost her memory and the only reason she knows us is because we actually took the time to wait until she woke up, we didn't give up on her like you did," he said.  

"Niall, I just want to talk to her," I tried. 

"No, stay away from her," he said.  

"Niall, come on," Amanda said, walking up to him and putting his snapback on his head. "Have your hat back." 

"You look better in my hat love," he said putting the hat back on her head with a smile. He pressed a kiss to her lips before he took her hand and walked inside, leaving me alone and feeling heartbroken.