Chapter 34- Love?

AMANDA'S POV

"May I come with you wherever you're going?" Josh asked.

"Well, I'm not really going anywhere." I replied.

"Really? I know exactly where we can go." He says grinning.

He grabbed my hand and walked down the sidewalk leading me wherever it was he wanted to go. Josh soon walked into a coffee shop and sat down at one of the tables after pulling a chair out for me to sit down, he was such a gentleman and I barely know him. I sat down across from him and I just kind of glanced around the coffee shop, I've never been in this coffee shop before.

"So Amanda, what were you doing walking down the street all by yourself right after a storm?" He asks.

"I actually was trying to get away from a fight." I mumbled.

"What type of fight?" He asked.

"A physical fight between two of my friends and my boyfriend." I replied quietly.

"Oh, well I'm sorry." He said grabbing my hand from across the table and rubbing his thumb over my knuckles comfortingly.

"You shouldn't be sorry, it's fine." I said smiling at him.

He smiled at me and opened his mouth to speak but he shut it again when a lady came over to see what we'd like. We ordered what we wanted before he looked at me again.

"Would you like to a play game?" He asks.

"What game?" I asked.

"Twenty questions, we just ask each other a bunch of questions." He replied.

"I know what twenty questions is dummy." I said with a grin.

"I'm not a dummy." He said trying to sound upset as he fake pouted at me.

"No, I'm sorry baby, you're a smarty." I said in my baby voice as I smiled at him.

"Alright, twenty questions it is. Would you like me to start?" He asked.

"Sure, go ahead." I replied.

"Okay, starting easy. What's your favorite color?" He asked.

"Either teal or coral. Do you like when girls have tattoos? I asked.

"I don't mind a few just not an overwhelming amount. How old are you?" He asked.

"I am eighteen years old. How old are you?" I asked.

"I am twenty one. What is your favorite animal?" He asked.

"Definitely an elephant because I've always wanted to ride one. Do you have any siblings?" I asked.

We continued asking each other random questions for a half an hour, sipping on the drinks we got. Josh was actually really fun and extremely nice.

"I've been playing the drums since I was three. Um, do you like your boyfriend or no?" He asked causing me to sigh.

"That's kind of hard to answer. I mean, I love him one moment because he is so sweet, but then the next moment I hate him because he's a jerk. I swear he has anger issues or something and he takes all of his anger out on me and it's bad, it's not like he's just yelling at me, I can deal with that, but he physical hurts me and I don't know what to do so I end up leaving him and then he comes and finds me and he hurts my friends which is even worse than him hurting me. I don't know if I really love him because it doesn't seem like he really loves me because when you love someone you don't hurt them or make them feel bad and make them cry. And when you make someone you love cry, you're supposed to help them, not walk the other way, that's what he does, he makes me cry and then he just walks the other way like nothing happened and he expects me to still love him even though he hurts me. I mean, I know he wants to protect me, that's what he says he wants to do but when he doesn't trust two of my best friends just because their guys, it makes me feel like he doesn't trust me. He doesn't need to be so overprotective of me, I can do things for myself but he just doesn't see that. He doesn't think I can do anything without hurting myself so he does everything for me which is nice but I'd like to do something for myself sometimes. I don't think he understands that he doesn't need to protect me from everything, he thinks everything is going to hurt me, everything is going to do something bad to me but he's wrong." I said quietly.

"Aww love, I don't think you deserve to be with someone who doesn't treat you right, I think you deserve to be with someone who treats you perfectly, someone who treats you exactly how you want to be treated." He said quietly.

"I-I just don't think I can leave him. I'm a bit afraid of leaving him but I also don't want to because I feel like I'd miss him so much." I mumbled.

"Then don't leave him. Just try to distance yourself from him." He said.

"I can't distance myself from him, I've tried and it just pisses him off, he doesn't like when I leave his side so I was surprised when I left without him knowing, I'm surprised he hasn't found me yet." I said.

I glanced out the window of the coffee shop to see Louis walking down the sidewalk, his hands in his pockets, his hair messy, his eyes wide, and his expression showed he was obviously worried. I grabbed Josh's hand and stood up quickly. I ran out of the coffee shop dragging him with me.

"Where are we going?" He asked loudly.

"Shh." I shushed him covering his mouth with my hand.

I felt something wet and warm slide across the palm of my hand. I instantly pulled my hand away.

"Did you just lick me?" I asked looking down at my palm before looking back up at him.

"Yeah." He replied.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because you put your hand over my mouth. You were practically begging me to lick your hand." He replied, grinning at me.

"You're such a nerd Josh." I mumbled shaking my head in disapproval.

"No I'm not." He said jutting his lower lip out so he was fake pouting again.

"Yes you are." I replied smiling at him.

"I am not!" He yelled like a child, my smile instantly faltering.

I turned around to see Louis' head snap in our direction, his eyes locking with mine for a moment. I held Josh's hand as I began running down the sidewalk away from Louis. I glanced behind us to see Louis chasing me. Shit.