Chapter 48- Instagram

Louis' POV

I smiled at Amanda as she grinned back up at me. I was taken a bit by surprise when she threw her arms around me in a hug. After a moment I hugged her back, wrapping my arms around her her neck as she had her arm wrapped around my torso tightly.

"Thank you so much Louis, thank you for being so sweet and thank you for helping me try to remember us." She mumbled into my chest happily as we hugged.

I just smiled wider and kissed the top of her head while mumbling, "you're welcome love."

Amanda slowly pulled away from the hug and so did I even though I didn't want to, I just wanted to continue hugging her, I didn't want to let go of her. She grabbed the cup of water off of the counter and took a few more sips of it before she set it back down again. I looked down at my sneakers quietly just thinking about her and us.

"Louis." She said causing me to look up and return my attention to her.

"What?" I asked.

"Can we go to the park? I want to take a walk." She asked.

"Sure." I replied with a smile tugging at my lips.

I grabbed my grey beanie off the counter and slid it onto my head before I held out my hand for her to take. She adjusted the beanie on her head letting her soft curls fall down in front of her shoulders before she took my hand with a smile. She intertwined our fingers as I pulled the door open and led her outside. Part of the reason I was holding her hand was because I didn't want her to run away but I really just wanted to hold her hand. We walked down the sidewalk in almost complete silence as we made our way to the park. She looked like she was thinking and I was just happy to spend time with her again. Once we reached the park we walked through the entrance together and I stopped to turn and look at her.

"Where would you like to go love?" I asked.

"I don't care, you can choose." She replied smiling at me.

I simply nodded and thought for a moment before I started walking again. I decided to take her past the basketball and tennis courts to the pond near the playground because it was the first thing that came to mind.

"Louis, why do you care so much about me?" She asked turning her head to look at me as I turned my head to look at her.

"I care about you because you're the only person I truly have ever loved. You're the only person who understood me and didn't just want forget about me and move on with your life like I was nothing, like I never meant anything to you. I cared about you because you cared about me." I replied with a smile tugging at my lips.

"Oh my gosh you guys are so cute!" A girl squeaked interrupting us as she walked over.

"Oh uhm, thank you." Amanda mumbled awkwardly.

"You guys are matching! That's so adorable!" The girl said rather excitedly.

I looked down at Amanda who looked up at me. We both had plain black t-shirts in although Amanda's was a v-neck and my wasn't. We both wore grey beanies on our heads and we both had grey sweatpants on. I didn't even realize we were matching until the girl pointed it out and it didn't seem like Amanda had noticed either.

"This is going to sound really weird but I have a page on Instagram where I post cute things that catch my eye and you guys are just so cute together so would mind if a took a few pictures of you?" She asked smiling at us.

Amanda turned to look at me and I just shrugged. "I suppose you could take pictures." Amanda mumbled.

"Oh goodie." The girl said happily, she was actually kind of scaring me because she was just really weird.

The girl pulled out her phone and pulled up the camera app as Amanda and I stood next to each other. I had my arm wrapped around her shoulders while her arm was wrapped around my torso. She had her head leaning on my shoulder and we both were smiling. The girl took the picture and asked for another one. We thought for a moment of what to do for the next picture when I bent down and kissed Amanda's cheek. Amanda made a kissy face and crossed her eyes as the girl took the picture of us.

"Just one more." The girl said. She looked around and hurried towards the basketball court before she returned with a basketball. "Here, you stand on this and kiss him." She told Amanda.

We both exchanged awkward expressions before the girl chuckled.

"Don't tell me you've never kissed each other before." The girl said.

"We've kissed before but it's just sort of a long story." I mumbled.

"So just kiss again, it's just one picture!" The girl said.

Amanda sighed quietly and set the ball down in front of me. She used my shoulders to help her stand on the basketball without falling. She usually reached my chest so when she stood on the basketball we were the same height. I placed my hands on her hips as she wrapped her arms around my neck. She looked at me and I just sort of stared back at her for a moment. A small smile tugged at her lips and a similar smile grew on mine. Her eyelids fluttered shut and so did mine as we both began to lean in. Her lips met mine and our lips moved in sync for a moment before she suddenly pulled away and jumped off the ball.

"Thank you!" The girl squealed shutting off her phone. She gave her instagram name to us just so we could see the pictures if we wanted to.

"That was weird." I mumbled to Amanda as we began walking hand-in-hand again after the girl ran away leaving us alone.

"Yeah, it was." She mumbled. She then turned to look at me and stopped walking. She looked up at me, placing her hand on my cheek while the other one was placed on my chest. She stood on her tippy toes and pressed her lips against mine before I picked her up, wrapping her legs around my torso so she didn't have to stand on her tippy toes just to kiss me.