Chapter 21- Needed Ingredients

AMANDA'S POV

He let out a loud sigh and thought for a minute as if he was debating on whether he should say something or not. I sat there quietly as I looked at him, waiting for his answer.

"Well, I really like you Amanda. You're like the most perfect girl I've ever met. You know that I get jealous, I get worried, I get angry, I get curious but do you know why?" He asks and when I don't reply he continues. "It's because I love you. I love you Amanda and I don't know why you don't see that." At this point not only were tears rolling down his cheeks but I started crying as well. "I don't know if you know this or not but I would do anything for you. I mean anything."

His brown hair was messy, strands of his usually perfect hair going every way possible. His blue eyes that were usually bright and happy were now dull. His eyes were glossy with tears and small tears rolled down his cheeks. His eyes were red and puffy. His face was pale unlike it usually was. It wasn't just a normal pale, he looked white, he had no color to his skin anymore it and actually worried me.

"You know what they say Louis, if you love something set it free." I said but it sounded like a whisper.

"I know. I really do want to let you leave but I'm just afraid." He mumbled quietly.

"What are you afraid of Louis? What could possibly happen? We barely even know each other." I said, I couldn't even look at him.

"I know love, I know. I'm just afraid that you'll get hurt and I can't protect you when I don't know where you are." He replied quietly.

We sat there in silence. I was at a complete loss for words. What was I suppose to say? Let me get hurt? By now we both had stopped crying but we looked like a mess. The feeling of depression didn't leave the room though. It felt as though I had the whole weight of the world on my chest, it was hard to breathe just because I was so upset.

"I'll let you leave soon, alright love?" He asks.

"Okay." I mumbled quietly.

"Are you hungry?" He asks completely changing the subject as he stood up.

"A little bit." I replied.

"Alright, I'll go make you something." He says.

He gave me a quick and small smile before he walked into the kitchen. I stayed seated on the couch. I was staring at the wall as I thought about everything that just happened.

LOUIS' POV

I had no clue what to make Amanda. I didn't know if she would like eggs or pancakes, or maybe she would like waffles. I let out a rather loud sigh. I decided just to make her pancakes, I remember she likes pancakes, hopefully I can actually cook them this time. I started gathering the ingredients I need for the pancakes. I was missing some of the things I needed so I decide to go to the store.

"Come on Amanda, we need to go to the store to pick up a few things." I said as I walked into the living room.

"Alright." She said as she stood up and walked towards me.

She slipped on her shoes and stood at the door waiting for me. I grabbed my TOMS and slipped on my right shoe. I slipped on my left shoe, jumping on my right foot as I did. I put on my red jumper before I opened the door. I felt Amanda take my hand and intertwine our fingers. I smiled down at her and she smiled back at me.

I lead her towards the car that was parked in the driveway. I opened the passenger side door for her and helped her in. I jogged around the front of the car before I slipped in the drivers seat. I started the car while smiling over at Amanda. I pulled out of the driveway and started driving down the road towards the grocery store.

About half way through the drive to the store it started raining. It wasn't just sprinkling, it was down pouring. The large drops of water hit the top of the car, the windows, and the windshield with quiet thumps. The only other noise that could be heard was the almost silent radio playing as background music. I had tried starting a conversation with Amanda but within minutes it would just end usually because we couldn't find words to say.

I finally reached the grocery store. It was almost empty so it was easy to find a parking spot. After I parked the car I got out and jogged around the front to Amanda's side. I opened the door for her before I took her hand. We ran to the building so we didn't have to stay out in the rain.

"You don't have to do that." She says looking up at me with a smile as we walked down the aisle.

"I don't have to what? Run with you to the store?" I ask with a small grin. My reply obviously was wrong seeing how she started laughing.

"No, I meant you don't have to open the door for me every time." She says still laughing quietly. I blushed slightly realizing how dumb my answer really was.

"Oh." I said quietly as I dropped my gaze to the floor.

"You're so cute, you-" She started but was cut off by a loud scream. That was when the first gun shot pierced the quiet morning air.