At peace.

Michael and I were up until 2am waiting for the call. We couldn't sleep and we didn't want to. My body felt electrified and warm even though the night was cold and winter was coming back around.

We played random music while talking the time away. To be honest, I don't know how we still had things to talk about seeing as we spent the majority of our time together and we know a lot about each other's pasts however it seemed as though we could talk forever. It was magical.

I could see the excitement in Michael's eyes grow further as the phone began to ring. I hopped up and answered it.

"Hey"

"Hey. That was quick. Are you still up?" Steph's voice chimed.

"Of course. Too excited to sleep. So how are things going?" I asked as Michael turned off the TV and walked over to me. He put his ear up to the phone to listen in to the conversation.

"Great. Kate's gone into labour so we're about to head into the hospital. Do you guys want to meet us there?"

Michael literally jumped and shouted "we're on our way!"

I laughed at his actions. He was running about collecting the blankets and baby things as well as the snacks for anyone in the delivery room that wanted it.

"Cool. See you in a few then" Steph chuckled.

"Yeah. See ya"

I hung up and helped Michael carry everything to the car. It wasn't a lot but we kept thinking of other things that we could maybe need. We were just excited and nervous ok?

The car ride was short and we met arrived before the others so we met them by the doors to the hospital. It was quiet and empty compared to when we had been there in the day.

Katie got checked in and sorted quickly so we could all get settled and calm... As calm as we could be. Katie wasn't in much pain so all four of us were being goofy and making lots ok jokes.

We had a good time while we waited for things to get moving. It only took a few hours and the start of the sunrise to get everything ready and everyone in positions.

"On the next contraction, you're going to push for eight." The midwife informed a strangely relaxed Katie.

"I know. I've done this all before." She replied, jokingly.

The midwives gathered and so did we. Steph stood next to her girlfriend while Michael and I stayed more out of the way. We were involved in everything but we were a little hesitant and aware of what everyone was doing and where they needed to be.

After lots of counting, breathing and Michael and I nearly squeezing each other's hands off, the baby was born.

That moment changed my life forever.

At 5:41 am on the 4th of November, a baby girl named Evelyn Katie Penniman was born. She weighed 7.9 pounds and was 56 cm tall.

Michael held her first while I took pictures. It was the most perfect sight. Her light brown eyes were hidden by little fingers as she stopped crying when Michael kissed he.

I held her next. She was so soft and light. Little eyes looked back at me as I stared in awe at what was now mine.

Evelyn Katie Penniman.

My baby.

The start of my family with Michael.

What a day.

Evelyn was taken in for the night but not before we wrapped a special blanket around her. It was made my mum when we married, ready for this day.

After a long, perfect night, Michael and I got home and slept. The grip we had on one another possessed more love then usual as we slept, content with all that had happened.

A/n

Yay. It happened.

Credit to DancingRobots123 for the name. I love it.

I hope you liked the chapter and are ready for all the adventures in what's left of this book and in the sequel.

Thanks for reading.

That's all for now.

Bye. It