Phones and towels

The rain poured as the sky unloaded onto us. Within seconds of stepping out of the shop, MIKA and I were absolutely soaked through. That's typical British weather for you.

When we were about halfway back to the bus, MIKA stopped and put his bag of shopping down as he turned to face me. I followed his lead and put my bag down too as we leaned in and kissed one another.

It was like a movie: perfect. I grinned against his lips as I thought about how I had got here. He had noticed me and tried to meet me. As soon as we met, we were drawn together, and now we were here: kissing in the rain as people waited for us on our tour bus so we could go and get ready for a show.

My phone rang in my pocket and I tried to ignore it as I looked into his eyes from only a few centimetres away. The rain had flattened his brown curls and water was dripping from his nose.

After 5 calls, MIKA's phone went off and we knew we had to go. We picked up our bags and he answered the phone so I wrapped my arm around his shoulder. I was close to him so I could hear the conversation.

"Hello" MIKA sounded a little annoyed.

"FINALLY YOU PICK UP! WHERE ARE YOU? WE THOUGHT YOU HAD BEEN RUN OVER OR SOMETHING AND WE WERE ABOUT TO GO ON A SEARCH FOR THE TWO OF YOU!" Kirsty shouted down the phone at us.

"KIRSTY!" MIKA shouted to get her to listen. "We got caught in the rain and had to stay in the shop but we ended up giving up and we are a minute or two away now will you please stop calling us and let us sort ourselves out. It's not like we're late seeing as sound check is about an hour away and we only have a half an hour drive. See you in a minute"

He hung up without letting her say another word. He looked over to me and I couldn't help but laugh at the conversation and the situation.

MIKA joined me and laughed too before kissing my cheek quickly.

We walked into the car park and over to the bus where Kirsty was waiting at the door.

"Can we have towels please" I asked politely causing Kirsty to look at us and giggle quietly as she asked Sam to grab our towels.

He came back with them, we stepped onto the bus and wrapped ourselves in them as we walked to our room to get changed.

After putting my shopping down, I took the towel from my shoulders and threw it over MIKA's head. I shook my hands violently but gently to dry his hair and make him a cute mess.

I removed it from his head to reveal a pouting face but he couldn't hold it for long as he burst out laughing and did the same to me.

We quickly got changed into dry clothes and sat down to eat. I turned the lights down a little to make it more romantic and cheesy. He smirked at my gesture as he cheekily told me that I was cute. He pulled me down to sit in front of him so he could wrap his legs around my body.

I fed him over my shoulder seeing as he rested his chin there as we talked. We discussed our feelings about my transition and the excitement we both contained about my top surgery. I knew it was still quite far away but I couldn't help thinking that it wasn't long in the grand scheme of things.

I did my testosterone shot after we ate and we talked about the changed that I would experience. It was the best feeling to have him there to support me 100% of the way.

A timid knock was heard at the door so MIKA got up and answered it seeing as I was doing my shot.

"Sorry to bother you but we need to do some work" I could hear Sam say.

"Just give us a minute and he'll be out" MIKA smiled politely and closed he door again before he helped me tidy up everything.

We exited the room and sat down with the others. I started my work with Sam while everyone talked to MIKA. They had some strange conversations but we were soon at the venue so the band and Kirsty left us in peace.

MIKA stayed with Sam and I because of what had happened a couple of days before however we were soon done and we left the bus for sound check and anther tiring, yet fun evening.